Emby TV CLUB

CBers

WilhelmStroker

Current shows I watch:

iZombie. Still funny even in its last season

What we do in the shadows. Just as funny as the movie and I'm a big fan of Matt Berry. Speaking of which..

Year of the rabbit. Not as funny as Toast of London but still a good watch.

Lined up:

Season 2 of Aggretsuko

One Punch Man.

• 2 weeks later...
vdatanet

I have ripped my old DVD collection of Stargate SG-1 to rewatch it this summer and I am enjoying it again.

• Like 2

arrbee99

I have ripped my old DVD collection of Stargate SG-1 to rewatch it this summer and I am enjoying it again.

I just ripped a bluray set of Battlestar Galactica (2004). I hope to enjoy at some point if I can ever get near the television.

And why is it so difficult for these BR creators to just put the name of the episode actually at the beginning of the episode?

AdrianW

And why is it so difficult for these BR creators to just put the name of the episode actually at the beginning of the episode?

I've noticed that some TV shows have the episode production ID code on the end plate shown right at the end. If you can find a list of these somewhere online it can help significantly when ripping episodes.

This might page help for Battlestar: https://gist.github.com/MHM5000/c7b3ecb9c4c6a645d9fe3ebd9d06cb5f

I used this list when I ripped Firefly recently - which helped. But I only had 14 episodes to do. Nothing like as bad as the over 70 episodes of Battlestar.

arrbee99

Thanks. Never heard of production codes before.

I saw someone recommend that sometimes you can identify the episodes from the writer and director of each episode and that worked pretty well for Battlestar, as pretty much every episode had a different combination (or at least the episodes on each disk had different combinations).

BillOatman

Endgame ...It was moving very slowly, I checked how much of the movie was left and there was still 2 hours! :)    Fortunately it picked up after that and ended up being worth watching.  Not sure about the people giving it 9 or 10 out of 10 though:)

• 3 weeks later...
mediacowboy

I just started watching The Boys. That stuff is messed up! lol

I've made abiut half way into the second episode. Hard to watch with kids and wife around. Tried to watch it on lunch break but that didn't last long.

Guest asrequested

I've made abiut half way into the second episode. Hard to watch with kids and wife around. Tried to watch it on lunch break but that didn't last long.

lol.... yeah, definitely not family friendly. At first it seemed a bit nonsensical, but it got deep and dark really fast.

adamstewiegreen

I finished The Boys a couple days ago. Yeah it's messed up, cynical and nihilistic (it is from the writer of Preacher, after all). It was interesting, I'm curious to see where season 2 leads but the idea of a large corporation aligning themselves with conservative values (very evident in 1 episode in particular) felt very dated (probably the source material) - we moved passed that a decade ago and the decision not to modify it was telling (IMO).

I'm cautiously optimistic, I hope they do more with it than just cynicism.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
breezytm

I think it would be dope if we have a recommended thread. Each new content someone recommends here gets posted in that thread in a listing format. It would be much easier to filter through it then reading all the comments here. 

I know would require someone to maintaining it 

CBers

OMG The Madalorian is amazing!

Totally disagree :)

Four episodes in and still trying to find the will to watch the next episode.

It's like watching paint dry most of the time.

Guest asrequested

Lol... For me, it's the best 'star wars' since the originals. And if you find it slow, remember it's a show not a movie. TV shows need a slow burn, unless it's a mini series. Personally, I think it's just warming up. They're still building the characters, which I'm very much enjoying. But it's not everyone's taste :)

lightsout

I like it but I agree it is a pretty slow show. I think I am one episode behind. Guess that shows how excited I am about it.

• 2 weeks later...
adamstewiegreen

Anyone else looking forward to The Witcher coming out in the next few days? The trailers look promising.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Anyone else looking forward to The Witcher coming out in the next few days? The trailers look promising.

My interest is definitely, peaked.

AdrianW

Just finished The Witcher. Not academy award stuff, but I was quite engrossed in the narrative. I want more! 

First episode put me to sleep almost straight away. Haven't watched any more yet. My wife and youngest son seemed to enjoy that first episode though.