Emby TV CLUB

CBers

breezytm

Defending Jacob could have been better only if Jacob was a better actor. 

Edited by breezytm

WilhelmStroker

Central Park. From the same people as Bob's Burgers, but this has musical numbers during the episode. Not really doing it for me.

Snowpiercer. TV show loosely based on the movie (that I haven't seen yet...). Pretty good.

Bar Rescue. Guilty `reality tv' pleasure.

What we do in the shadows. Season 2 is extremely funny again, but I'd watch anything with Matt Berry in it...

Solar Opposites. Yeah Rick and Morty this isn't but still enjoyable.

The midnight gospel. Not sure what to think of that. Basically a podcast with very trippy visuals in the background.

Space Force. Easily bingeable, had its moments.

Spaceboy
Central Park. From the same people as Bob's Burgers, but this has musical numbers during the episode. Not really doing it for me.
Snowpiercer. TV show loosely based on the movie (that I haven't seen yet...). Pretty good.
Bar Rescue. Guilty `reality tv' pleasure.
What we do in the shadows. Season 2 is extremely funny again, but I'd watch anything with Matt Berry in it...
Solar Opposites. Yeah Rick and Morty this isn't but still enjoyable.
The midnight gospel. Not sure what to think of that. Basically a podcast with very trippy visuals in the background.
Space Force. Easily bingeable, had its moments.

Snowpiercer and what we do in the shadows are both great

WilhelmStroker
12 hours ago, sooty234 said:

Is Snowpiercer the show, better than he movie? The movie was awful!

I don't know, i've not seen the movie, but the show is good.

breezytm
On 6/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, sooty234 said:

Is Snowpiercer the show, better than he movie? The movie was awful!

I happen to like the movie. I am about to check the show out. 

sooty234
On 6/23/2020 at 8:28 PM, sooty234 said:

I'm 5 minutes into October Faction, and I think I just found my new favorite show...

Finished the first season. Awesome!

WilhelmStroker

Trying the second season of the rebooted Twilight Zone but finding it just as terrible as the first. Shame as I like Jordan Peele's movies. 

sooty234

Finally getting around to watching Messiah. Part way into episode 2.... very interesting.

ginjaninja

crashing (uk), is a fun comedy / drama, with Phoebe W-B, warm flawed characters. over a bit too soon, recommended.

also "sharp objects" was a good atmospheric "who done it".

Edited by ginjaninja

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
WilhelmStroker

A few more:

Zomboat. I'm bored of anything zombie related, and this is obviously not as good as Shaun of the dead but still very funny. Easy to binge. 

Little birds. Based on an Anais Nin story. Not sure what to think of this yet. 

Ted Lasso. American football coach goes to England to coach a Premier league football team. Enjoying this. 

WilhelmStroker

2 more:

Des. About UK serial killer Dennis Nilssen. Only 3 episodes so easy to watch. David Tennant is fantastic in this.

Fargo season 4. Only 2 episodes so far but i'm really enjoying it. Surprisingly enough, Chris Rock is good in this.

• 2 weeks later...
sross44

Just watched NEXT that premiered last night. Could be interesting. Looks like a good plot line. Looking forward to more episodes. 

• Like 1

CBers
On 23/09/2020 at 21:13, WilhelmStroker said:

Ted Lasso. American football coach goes to England to coach a Premier league football team. Enjoying this. 

Ted Lasso was excellent 👍

robs_drunk

Watching the Spanish Series 

Money Heist

It's great even though I need the ordinary English voice over the story is working well anyhow.

sross44

Just started Ted Lasso... Great show. Like I said previously Next is pretty decent so far. Also, The Right Stuff on Disney+ is pretty awesome too. 

sross44

Anyone watching the new Walking Dead show? What are your thoughts so far? I've got the last two episodes recorded and need to watch. 

• 3 weeks later...
adamstewiegreen

Queen's Gambit on Netflix.  Pretty good.

Dilbert: Good.  Shame it got cancelled after 2 seasons, I felt the 2nd season was better than the first and starting to get into a good rhythm.

Archer:  This last season was better than the previous 3 or 4.  Still nowhere near it's peek.

The Boys:  Decent, but not as good or as funny as the first season.

Seinfeld:  I just watch it on repeat.  Get to the end and start right back at the beginning again.