new xbmc compatibility

steve1977

I am using cover art but I still question if tmdb is being accessed in addition to fanart.tv. Do you have an explanation as to why you only got one backdrop for 127 Hours when there are more then 1 in tmdb. This would explain in the other posts why some folder art work is downloading and some not. It would be interesting to check some other examples and see if the folder artwork is missing from fanart.tv. I will try to look at some of the posted logs and see if I can identify some of the movies and check fanart.tv.

sfnetwork

I think you're right!

I checked the "Alice in Wonderland 2010" (from your example) and there is no poster from fanart, only tmdb (and imdb)

Luke might need to confirm this...  I think it only checks Fanart and since there is no poster, no poster.jpg... (but I might be wrong..)

2013-11-03%207-46-36%20PM.jpg

2013-11-03%207-47-12%20PM.jpg

Edited by sfnetwork

I'm pretty sure Luke stated in another thread that there is an issue in the current server.  It shuns some tmdb images due to resolution - even when those may be the only images available.

• Like 1

sfnetwork

Yeah, it was hard to keep track lol

Confirmation of the issue here, testing request from Luke in the second tread about it and confirmation in third.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1737-primary-image-download-fail/&do=findComment&comment=34735

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1742-folderjpg-not-downloading/&do=findComment&comment=34734

Fixed in next release basically..

sfnetwork

Quick question, would using "folder.jpg" work with both xbmc and Mediabroswer3 instead of "poster.jpg"?. I kinda like having the folders show up in my browser with the coverart...

Thanks for any replies

I would say no (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#Local_images)

Test it, I guess.... (I think I tested that, but I can't remember specifically)

Now poster.jpg is following XBMC Frodo convention and MB3 reads it.

You could have the folder.jpg but I think they would have to be added additionally to the poster.jpg. (not replacing) but I could be wrong.

You mean by "browser", in Windows Explorer?

Edited by sfnetwork

SF - I think you said it works but has a lower priority in xbmc than some other name. forget what that is. thumb maybne,.

I would say no (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#Local_images)

Test it, I guess.... (I think I tested that, but I can't remember specifically)

Now poster.jpg is following XBMC Frodo convention and MB3 reads it.

You could have the folder.jpg but I think they would have to be added additionally to the poster.jpg. (not replacing) but I could be wrong.

You mean by "browser", in Windows Explorer?

Sorry, yeah I meant browser. I'm about to clear out all my backdrops... wish me luck lol

sfnetwork

SF - I think you said it works but has a lower priority in xbmc than some other name. forget what that is. thumb maybne,.

Yeah, it gets the thumb.jpg if no poster.jpg.

I think there is an option in XBMC to user folder.jpg (can't remember if it's in the advancedsettings.xml or somewhere else)

I personally think that it should stay the way it is now and if required, have an option to also do a folder.jpg. (or do both by default, it wouldn't hurt I think)

Edited by sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Sorry, yeah I meant browser. I'm about to clear out all my backdrops... wish me luck lol

lol, test with only one if you're unsure  :P

sfnetwork

Luke, the fix for the fanart/tmdb isn't released yet, right? 

Incidentally for people using Media-Center-Master, if you wish to clear out all the old backdrops etc & have them recreated automatically into extrafanart folders press ctrl+c. It does the posters for you aswell but you gotta delete the folder.jpg's

sfnetwork

Incidentally for people using Media-Center-Master, if you wish to clear out all the old backdrops etc & have them recreated automatically into extrafanart folders press ctrl+c. It does the posters for you aswell but you gotta delete the folder.jpg's

I think you can keep the folder.jpg... additionally to poster.jpg (if you want them).

Quick question, would using "folder.jpg" work with both xbmc and Mediabroswer3 instead of "poster.jpg"?. I kinda like having the folders show up in my browser with the coverart...

Thanks for any replies

steve1977

Fanart.jpg = backdrop

Thumb.jpg = thumb  :P

After a lot of testing with Luke, this structure is exactly what is needed for both environments using all available items.

2013-10-16%202-00-38%20PM.png

Any extra files than those above aren't necessary (like backdrop.jpg)

I just made a completely fresh install of MBS. I am using stable Version 3.0.5050.37565.

While, I have set MBS to "XBMC compatible", it still downloads backdrop.jpg and folder.jpg (rather than fanart.jpg and poster.jpg). I can see that things are different from before as it creates "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders.

Any idea?

sfnetwork

I just made a completely fresh install of MBS. I am using stable Version 3.0.5050.37565.

While, I have set MBS to "XBMC compatible", it still downloads backdrop.jpg and folder.jpg (rather than fanart.jpg and poster.jpg). I can see that things are different from before as it creates "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders.

Any idea?

You are using the XBMC saver?

sfnetwork

ok... I just tested it again and it made to correct files

2013-11-08%2011-11-17%20PM.png

What's your XBMC saver version in case (trying to reproduce it...)

steve1977

That's really weird - no idea what I am doing wrong here. XBMC Saver 1.0.5049.13464.

Maybe additional point of information. I do still have <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>.tbn files in the movie folder. These are being ignored, which I don't mind. MBS creates backdrop.jpg and folder.jpg. Within the extrafanart folder, the file is called fanart1.jpg.

sfnetwork

That's really weird - no idea what I am doing wrong here. XBMC Saver 1.0.5049.13464.

Maybe additional point of information. I do still have <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>.tbn files in the movie folder. These are being ignored, which I don't mind. MBS creates backdrop.jpg and folder.jpg. Within the extrafanart folder, the file is called fanart1.jpg.

Can you try to start empty? (just manually create the folder and a dummy MKV file (match a movie name) and move it in the monitored folder.)

Edited by sfnetwork

steve1977

Just tried and it worked. Any chance to fix this?

Related question. What is the exact logic?

* NFO are over-written even if they exist already pre-MBS and updated once in a while based on the IMDB ID number?

* artwork is kept if already eixtsing (and not updated)?

* trailer are kept if already eixtsing (and not updated)?

Edited by steve1977

sfnetwork

Luke might be more able to answer this.

So just to confirm, it worked when starting with nothing but not when you had the existing files in the folder, right?

steve1977

So just to confirm, it worked when starting with nothing but not when you had the existing files in the folder, right?

Correct!

there's nothing to fix. 

movie.tbn is a documented xbmc poster image convnetion. when we see that, it becomes the primary image so there's no need to download one.

similarly for backdrops, movie-fanart is an xbmc convention, so when we see it, we use it.

sfnetwork

Personally, I would redo the files (my opinion)

clean, new structure...  (and latest XBMC naming convention standard)

• Like 1