CoverArt 4 and DPI/PPI setting in windows

Ernst
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi, I have some obeservations on CoverArt 4 that don't seem to have been discussed yet. Here goes:

MB Server Version 3.0.5050.37565

CoverArt version 4.0.3.2

Windows 7 ultimate @ 1920:1080 DPI(PPI) @ 125%

CoverArt Indicator overlays:

I have my monitor (actually my TV) set at 125% DPI/PPI (windows setting for scaling) so it is no to small to read.

When I apply indicator overlays is CoverArt, the ovelays are getting cropped or cut of at the lower right corner. When I set my screen to 100% DPI however, this is not the case. Furthermore, this did not happen in MB2 with CA3.

Ebr, could you make the indicator overlays DPI independent?

Below is an example at an even worse 150% DPI

52739db1a203d_CoverArtDPI150.jpg

• Solution

Yeah, this is actually a known issue.  I think it is a bug in the GDI stuff but, honestly, I haven't had time to try and track it down much further.  It only affects a small number of people because CA runs on the server machine.  So, it only affects you if your server is also an HTPC and you have your DPI bumped up.

• Like 1

That is very unfortunate, as you guessed, I am running the server on my HTPC and it sucks to have to fall back to 100% to have the items processed by CA and then go back to 125%.

It does do the trick though untill the next item gets added (the cashed images will be unaltered)

I thought it might have been an easy thing to do as MB2 or rather CA3 doesn't have this issue.

Pardon my ingnorence, but what is the "GDI stuff" ?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Sorry - code-speak.  GDI is the built-in graphics processing in the platform I'm using to develop the app (.net).

The reason it is only in MB3 is because all of this graphics processing was re-done for better performance and memory management.  So, I'm using different functions/features of the library.