v0.520 - Music Support

chessdragon136

im85288

Yes no problem, I'll have a look around for a decent default music background....If anyone reading this has one they would like to share just post it here.

I hadn't even noticed the counter at the bottom, goes to show a picture is worth more than a thousand words!

chessdragon136

Ok just pushed a GIT update - hadn't synced your last one down so that was a headache to resolve, ended up deleting the file, syncing yours down and then adding my version back as I know what line you changed :S Surely that's not right!

chessdragon136

Ok just seen your merge - and just pushed another minor update to fix the menu "counter" (bottom left) 

im85288

Ok just pushed a GIT update - hadn't synced your last one down so that was a headache to resolve, ended up deleting the file, syncing yours down and then adding my version back as I know what line you changed :S Surely that's not right!

Yeah was just pushing the change for the default music image myself and ended up merging my changes with yours! Can you test the default image works correctly for you...and then I guess it's time for a build/push to official repo to get some other testers/users involved?

im85288

I had to put back the check you had for 

if (GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].BackdropImageTags.length) {

to

if (GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].BackdropImageTags.length > 0) {

else no backgrounds were being shown for me

chessdragon136

ok i've just updated your git and updted the home pages to fix a minor issue

So yes backdropimagetags requires length > 0, others dont - dont ask me why!

Image worked great - Can you update version number, commit to git and push out an update please, im done for the night.

Thanks - soo much easier with 2

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

im85288

Just done, version (0.521) is up for everyone to test...I'm done too!

Cheers :)

Edited by im85288
  • Like 2

CBers

I've added music back to MBS, but when I press the YELLOW button, nothing happens happens.

Does it need enabling somewhere?

chessdragon136

The yellow button only brings up the player if there is music playing - so just navigate through music, play an item and the player will open - if you hit the return key the player will disappear and you can navigate as before - then the yellow key will display it again (from most pages) 

• 2 weeks later...
bertbert72

Having a bit of a problem with the music player where it gets fixated on playing one song.  Steps to replicate:

• Select a song, press play
  • Stop the song
  • Select a different song, press play - original song plays

It'll remember this song up until I actually exit the application.  From a quick look at the code I think it is because it is adding the new song to a playlist rather than just playing it (i.e. ignoring this isQueue being false).  I'm not confident enough with this yet to make the change, but I think it just needs to set the queuedItems length to 0 if isQueued is false.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Confirmed - I made a mass change to how playlists were handled and I think it's not cleared down the playlist when you stop the song as opposed to the isQueued being ignored. Will look into it

Thank you

ginjaninja

not sure if this is where you want music related feedback for v0.526..

anyways.....

background info:

My Server (But i think its more related to MB3 optimisation) is VERY slow at returning album artists. It takes 30 Seconds to return album artists in the web client (500/700).

This is probably why it takes as long (30+ Seconds) when entering album artists in Samsung client.

Problem is when i browse out again it takes another 30+ seconds..and i am getting the odd hang too (which may be related to this slow performance)

Might it be possible for the Samsungs devs to cache the album artist lookup, so it is faster to navigate around the interface.

thanks for considering