Run Media Browser Server from WHS 2011

bkoehn01

bkoehn01

•  

• anybody installed server directly to WHS 2011?

i'm new to MB program and started by installing it to HTPC, referencing the network drive. it seems to work well with my initial testing.

but as server is always on, it would be best for access from all home PCs/devices. however, there isn't a tutorial, and i'm not totally comfortable working in WHS via remote desktop...

hard to believe i would be the only one intereted in this option, so please point me in the right direction. As i said, i'm hesitant to just install it with remote desktop, until someone advises me. Though i might try it if i don't hear otherwise...?

Schroinx

Install MBS on the WHS box. Don't be hesitant to use remote desktop. There is no magic here and it does not break that easily. Just donate clutter it with bad software but only the stuff you really need. WHS2011 is just a windows os as any other. I also run MBS on my WHS11 box together with uTorrent and iTunes and on occasion a bunch of other stuff. 

It is setup to autologon, so MBS and the others start with windows and are always running.

Edited by Schroinx

Overseer

Been running MBS on my WHS 2011 box for a while without any issues. Been debating on upgrading to Server 2012 Essentials but happy where I'm at for now.