View Libraries as they are stored: by Folders

jnr@mb

SO ... it seems I missed the "mixed content" setting for the library so there's no metadata scraping. For the other noobs out there this seems to get a folder view navigation to work ... but I don't know if this is quite the right way going about this???

• 1 month later...
joho500

Having the same problem that top-level folders are seen as content. See images below. I would like to be able to have real folder view with metadata for artists, albums and tracks.

Another, corresponding problem is that I don't get a folder view in BubbleUPnP anymore.

I hope both options can be solved?

Cheers,

Joost

In browser:

56f8019a4644c_Embyweb.png

Folder tree is like this:

56f801b400d13_Musicfolders.png

• 3 weeks later...
joho500

Hi Luke,

I'm on 3.0.5913.0. The screenshot above shows the folder tab ('Mappen' in Dutch). Any idea on how to solve this?

And the problem that I don't get a folder view in an upnp/dlna app?

Cheers,

Joost

joho500

When I select for instance the folders 70s, 80s and Blues (with the music icon) not the underlying artists folders are displayed but this:

5711199d83e23_emby70s.png

joho500

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

And do you have a solution for my other remark: no folders option in the dlna apps. I use BubbleUPnP and tried also MediaHouse which both have that problem.

ginjaninja

its a useful alternative that on an organised collection (music library\artist\albums), folder view shows real album artist albums only (rather than muddled up with compilations and other albums featuring the artist).

Hopefully this organisation will come to the database view :-)

joho500

Thanks, I've resolved this for the next release.

It works. Thanks for your work.

it just hasn't been added yet.

Hopefully it will be in the near future? :)

• 3 months later...
joho500

Hi Luke,

The problem described below is back again. I'm running 3.0.6060.0

Joost

When I select for instance the folders 70s, 80s and Blues (with the music icon) not the underlying artists folders are displayed but this:

5711199d83e23_emby70s.png

Edited by joho500

• 2 weeks later...

Same Problem with new Version

Version 3.0.6400.0

in Folder View with Videos, Music ...

Hi there, did you see post #39? Thanks!

lunadmin

Yes i have seen that it should worked in 3.0.6200.0 but it doesn't work on the new version.

Take some subfolder as a movie/music file, without possibility for change.

Edited by lunadmin

lunadmin

Yes it's really simple. I make a repo and use the folder view

there is

## Action subfolder 1

- filmfolder 1

- filmfolder 2

- filmfolder 3

- filmfolder 4

## Comedy subfolder 2

- filmfolder 1

- filmfolder 2

- filmfolder 3

- filmfolder 4

## Fantasy subfolder 3

- filmfolder 1

- filmfolder 2

- filmfolder 3

- filmfolder 4

## Horror subfolder 4

- filmfolder 1

- filmfolder 2

- filmfolder 3

- filmfolder 4

For the most it is working, but in case for the genre folder named ## Horror it doesn't display any filmfolder, in this case he makes a filmentry for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. You can delete and change the information but it will never browseable.

Tried to rename it like ## Horror Films, then it links directly to one of the filmfolder. Can't find why.

It is really strange that there is no option to make a folder manually as subfolder but anyway.

With Music, it doesn't work completly as music, then it appears like the screens already posted with all music files as one. So i have to use mixed content, and then in the drectory view some subfolders appears as songs like with the #horror folder.

lunadmin

In the Videos it happens like that, in this case, all films will shown as additional content and original subfolder is pointing to any folder - not with the content described.57c9a001ba4e5_screen.jpg

lunadmin

i Have seen that Folders with the name "This is the name (DVD)" will break emby and make a lot of mysterious malfunctions. Like that i've described.

In the Explorer view there shouldn't be a problem with any name. The folder view is also the same as i choose mixed content and in both the same problem occurs.