I have narrowed down my current issue. Only shows that I have which are still airing and appearing under the "Upcoming" tab are showing their latest season even with the import options unchecked.
Current shows with upcoming episodes that I have in my collection.
- The Simpsons
- How I met your mother
- Adventure Time
- The Mindy Project
- American Horror Story
- Game of Thrones
- Falling Skies
Steps to reproduce problem:
If anyone has any of these shows or whichever new show is currently airing and NOT the entire seasons can verify if the most recent season is appearing under your collection with the "import" options unchecked? For example I only have season 1 and 2 of The Simpsons but the server is showing season 1, 2 and 25. Thanks.
I just did a test. I HAD all of the Adventure Time Seasons complete with all the episodes in my collection. Here's what I did to test this.
1. Move Seasons 4 and 5 out of the collection, leaving Seasons 1-3 in place.
2. Uncheck both "Import missing episodes into Seasons" and "Import unaired episodes into season" in profile I am using in the Dashboard.
3. Ran the "Scan media library" task in Scheduled Tasks.
4. Browse to the Adventure Time TV Show.
5. It now shows that I have Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5.
6. Entering Season 5 shows no episodes.