Library Scan takes over six minutes with no new content.

AdrianW

AdrianW

My library scans always take ages. I've been looking through logs and tidying up my video content. And I think I have it pretty tidy now.

I use metabrowser - so all content has local metadata (xml and images etc).

I have "Download artwork and metadata from internet" turned off.

I have "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" turned on.

I ran a complete scan, then restarted MBS and ran a scan again - no new data was added, and still the scan took over six minutes, which seems a little excessive. 

Here's the log: txt (7MB) or zip (462K)

I'm a bit concerned about the 9,648 "Debug - App: Saving xxxx to database" messages considering nothing has changed since the previous scan.

Tranquil

Maybe the metadata got updates from the sources?! Don't know. It also takes a very long time for my library which can be even more then 6 minutes without big changes. (maybe just added a new movie for example)

AdrianW

What does this message mean in the log:

SeasonNfoProvider returned no metadata for xxxxx Season 1 ?

These messages appear a few times in the log - but each of the season folders have valid season.xml files - e.g:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <SeasonNumber>5</SeasonNumber>
  <Added>5/04/2013 8:50:07 PM</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <LocalTitle>Season 5</LocalTitle>
  <Comment>
  </Comment>
  <DateModified>28/12/2014 11:38:10 AM</DateModified>
</Item>
Edited by AdrianW

Latchmor

Not sure if this is related or not but it seems every library scan appears to change the xml files modified date/time which it never used to unless there was an actual change. I first noticed when running my backup which syncs every file and normally it would just show a few new video files plus corresponding metadata. Now it syncs every xml file.

This is quick to do but makes it a bit hard to check what I'm syncing is correct as I have to scroll past hundreds of old xmls that habe been 'touched' by the last library scan.

It does appear something has changed with the full scan.

Cheers

Latchmor

Is meta browser possibly touching all of the metadata files?

Hi, I'm guessing you are talking to Adrian but just in case, I only use Media Browser for metadata.

Cheers

AdrianW

I've had some quicker scans recently (I've been re-running manual scans over and over today).

But, I'm still getting 1944 "Debug - App: Saving xxxxx to database" messages on every scan, even with metabrowser not running. I'm pretty sure metabrowser doesn't touch anything except when I'm adding new content or re-processing seasons, etc.

I just performed two scans one right after the other and got 1944 saving messages each time. Although the scan is down to just less than two minutes now, which is much quicker than it has been for the last week or two.