LiveTV streaming starts and stops after 1 or 2 seconds

mdean1120

I have a dual xeon server (2X 4cores) and 48GB ram connected to a large SAS with 10gbps LAN and when it does tune I am around 8-12seconds 

I should note that my media browser install, transcode, logs, etc all are on the SAS array connected with multi path 6gbps controllers and backed by 24GB of L1 RAM cache - I think the time is just the tuning of the HDHR, starting the transcode stream getting the iframe and segment created and starting the stream to the device.

Edited by mbnwa

viziofire

@mbnwa:   Thanks for sharing your configuration.   10gbps LAN?   Awesome.    Out of curiousity, what bit rates do you have your local network clients configured for Live TV?   Already have 1 GbE and so sounds like I'd decrease my tune time by only a little bit by upgrading the mainboard and CPU.    

Due to issues with iOS and media browser I do not have a ton of LiveTV being supplied by MBS I do have a single Lenovo Windows Tablet I have set to 10mbps, Android Shield at 4mbps for my local streaming I serve M4V's off the SAS to 5 Apple TVs in the house the SAS array also dubs as my DVR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Scallica

I had the same problem as the thread starter.

I updated my HDHR Prime to the latest firmware/driver. Then, I went into the Media Browser admin page, Plugins, Channels tab, and set the preferred Internet quality to 480p, then restarted Media Browser. Live TV works perfectly now.