Only Allow Certain Tag Feature

jj12345

jj12345

Some of us use the feature of putting shortcuts in media library folders for sharing media which is one way to share content without having a ton of libraries or folders for various purposes.  

It appears this is a deprecated feature that may go away or at least not considered an official feature that would be fixed if it fails to work (see http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14072-help-request-how-to-share-music-between-multiple-users-on-same-server/&do=findComment&comment=153275).

I like the new tagging but the only control is to block content with certain tags.  I wonder if there could be a new feature added that would only allow content with certain tags either at the user level under parental controls or even better tied to the user library selection (e.g. user gets all of library 1 but only content with a certain tag from library 2).

• Like 18

CashMoney

I wouldn't use, but I can definitely see the need for it for others, so I'll add my support too. :)

• 8 months later...
Angelblue05

Not sure what you mean imadunatic. We now tag the content in Kodi, with emby tags. Not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
imadunatic

Not sure what you mean imadunatic. We now tag the content in Kodi, with emby tags. Not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Angelblue05,  I was referring to being able to include content with tags as opposed to only excluding content with tags. This may have changed since last I looked though... 

• 2 months later...
virtualtinker

Would definitely use. As is, I have a Roku upstairs for my 4 year old that shows only G and PG related content. Unfortunately, a lot of that PG content are things I don't really want available like Harry Potter or the Rocky movies. Being able to tag the PG stuff to select or exclude movies for the kids account would be ideal. Or maybe a way to create a custom library by selecting content across the existing content across all of the libraries.

Would definitely use. As is, I have a Roku upstairs for my 4 year old that shows only G and PG related content. Unfortunately, a lot of that PG content are things I don't really want available like Harry Potter or the Rocky movies. Being able to tag the PG stuff to select or exclude movies for the kids account would be ideal. 

You can already do this.

There is a "Custom Rating" field on each item.  Change it to the rating you would like used for parental control.

• 3 weeks later...

I was testing the ratings system out with user profiles ( I have an account for my 6 year old son) When I have the parental control rating set to maximum TV-Y7-FV it does prevent the recordings from showing up that have a higher rating.  The problem is that I would like my son to be able to record and delete his own content, manage series recordings. When he clicks on series he sees all of the series recordings in the whole system and can delete those too.

A couple of potential solutions:

1. Under the user profile have the option to record TV to a separate location (preferred and probably easiest)

2. prefix the recording file name with the user profile name.

Either of these options would allow for greater control of managing recordings and getting them to a long-term library location based on the profile. It is harder to manager when recordings for all users are lumped into a single recording folder.

• 7 months later...
deanylev

Any update on implementing this? Also, is there a way to edit metadata of multiple items at once? For example, giving every episode of a show a custom rating at once instead of individually. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
smidley

This request also makes a lot of sense because a lot of people have content "dynamically" added to their libraries.  With this feature, If something is added and it doesn't have a tag, it wouldn't show up.  This makes managing a library for people of various ages really nice.

• 6 months later...
Bazzu85

+1 for the feature..

I think it would be great to give access to a single or a couple of item for specific user..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...