Web Client Playback - Playback controls keep displaying

HumanPanda

HumanPanda

In full screen, the controls and the pointer appear every now and then on Chrome and by every now and then I mean about 1 second after it disappears. Now on Firefox I don't have this problem instead it only appears when I expect it to which is when I move the mouse. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Other off topic questions in the mean time.

Does it download the TV icons for Live TV by itself or do I have to go through each one?

Are there themes for web client or just one theme? I'm assuming just one theme I would think its hard to have multiple themes for the web client.

Is there a quality higher than 10Mbps? I have come here from Plex since I found out about this from the WMC plugin for LiveTV and love the idea of streaming TV as well as the idea of not having to go through Plex for authentication and Plex had 20mbps as its highest.

Edit: I tried on another computer oddly enough this one doesn't seem to have it appear again but the pointer doesn't disappear. Nevermind pointer doesn't disappear in either set up which is fine since you can still move it off the screen.

Edited by phiyuku

• 11 months later...
jentc001

Hi All,

Not sure if i'm posting in the right area, but couldn't find a more relevant section.. :/

Issue:

WINDOWS MB SERVER  Version 3.0.5482.1

Currently using the web client in Chrome for playback. Its works fantastically for the most part. The issue i have is when in full screen the playback controls overlay pops up periodically (every 2 - 5 secs) as if i'm moving the mouse constantly?? I have tried removing the batteries ensure the mouse isn't the problem,

The issue doesn't occur when not in full screen nor does it occur in IE. Chrome is my prefered browser and the interface looks cleaner imho so would like to know if this issue has been seen before and if there are any thoughts on resolving it??

Appreciate it..

TJ

• 1 month later...
mitchger

I have the same issue on four separate PCs and it drives me absolutely insane. I'm surprised there isn't more on it here. I suppose not many people must use the web client. Anyone have a suggestion. I'm BEGGING you!

mitchger

I have the same issue on four separate PCs and it drives me absolutely insane. Anyone have a suggestion. I'm BEGGING you!

Don't move the mouse? I've tested this everytime people report it and am unable to reproduce. It has to be something environmental. Maybe an extension, who knows.

• 4 years later...
edwardjski

I can start movies but playback controls never appear. Instead of pausing or stopping, I have to close the window (Chrome). Surely there's a better option; am I missing something?

Also, at some point I lose the playback window -even though the movie is playing. At which point I can neither control (stop/pause) playback nor can I see the movie.

After opening a new emby browser window and selecting a movie to play, the browser opens a playback window, the movie starts and the only button that seems to affect playback is the space bar -which restarts the movie.

Edited by edwardjski

I can start movies but playback controls never appear. Instead of pausing or stopping, I have to close the window (Chrome). Surely there's a better option; am I missing something?

Also, at some point I lose the playback window -even though the movie is playing. At which point I can neither control (stop/pause) playback nor can I see the movie.

After opening a new emby browser window and selecting a movie to play, the browser opens a playback window, the movie starts and the only button that seems to affect playback is the space bar -which restarts the movie.

Hi, no, this isn't normal. What version of Emby Server? What version of Chrome?

edwardjski

Thanks and good to know. I wonder if its old  Chrome?

Chrome: Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Emby: 4.3.1.0

edwardjski

I upgraded Chrome.

After clicking on a video to play it, initially it looked like nothing had changed (no visible controls, space bar restarted the video etc). However, right-clicking on the video player brought up a contextual menu that included "Show Controls". I selected that (which added a check mark) and now I have visible playback controls. I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up by default but I also can't be certain it wasn't under a 'right-clickable contextual menu' all along (although I'm usually fairly thorough before seeking help).

I thought the problem here was that controls were appearing when they should not be? Are you saying it was the opposite?

edwardjski

For me, the problem was that controls were not appearing. From the Movie page, I could click on a movie, it would open and start to play but there were no visible controls. Pressing the space bar would simply restart the movie.