Upcoming TV - can't get it working

tp546
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hey ebr,

I had this a while ago (I think before it was paid) and just bought the new version, but it doesn't seem to be working - do I need to configure it somewhere? It shows up in the EHS but when I enter, its empty. Let me know. Thanks.

What happens if you go to the upcoming section in the web client?

Ahh okay - it tells me I don't have downloading metadata enabled. My concern with enabling this is that I have some custom images/metadata that I set up through metabrowser and I want to make sure none of that would ever be overwritten - is there a way to ensure that?

If it is just a few items you can lock them with the editor.

In general, though, we don't overwrite any local images or metadata unless you request us to by refreshing them.

Okay thanks - that's the answer I was hoping for. I checked the box and saved it but I still get the same screen - do I need to do a library scan or something?

You may also need to allow updates from tvdb.com but I'm not positive on that one.

where can i find that setting?

• Solution

It is Metadata/Advanced/Automatic Updates but, based on the description there, you shouldn't need it.  It might just take a while to gather all the future information.

• Like 1

It is Metadata/Advanced/Automatic Updates but, based on the description there, you shouldn't need it.  It might just take a while to gather all the future information.

it is populating now in the web client and MBC - thanks!

One more question - would it be possible to add integration with Live TV here so I can tell if these upcoming episodes are being recorded and adjust settings from within upcoming tv? for instance, if there is an upcoming episode i am not recording, give me the option to record it from there. this would be especially useful in MBC.

I don't have any current plans for live tv integration in MBC but who knows what the future (or some other contributor) will bring.

• 2 weeks later...