Black Tiles in Neo

swhitmore
Go to solution Solved by gcw07,

swhitmore

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is getting black tiles (i.e not updating with an image) in Neo? For me, in the TV Shows collection, the 'Recently watched' and Recently Added' tiles stay black. At first I thought that the images just weren't cached, but it's been a while now and they still don't update.

I'll add a screenshot and version numbers (should be the latest) tonight when I get home.

• Solution

I think more and more you are going to start running into these problems with Neo, Pearl, Throg's themes, etc. All the themes that yeah work kind of in MB3, but are designed for MB2 and with their developers not currently interested in developing them anymore, not sure you will ever see fixes.

• Like 2

The addition of missing and unaired episodes is really going to bring out issues in these old themes I'm afraid.  Anyone using the themes will probably need to hide these items.

gthrift

I've noticed the same issue.  I would switch away from Neo but I like the EHS too much.  

Chocolate is the best looking theme all around, but the EHS is boring. 

My true hope is that Soultaker comes back and updates Neo, or someone makes an Xbox One style theme for MBC.  I wish we had more theme developers for MBC.

CBers

NEO is my theme of choice and apart from MBPhoto works fine.

I have tried to switch to another theme, Subdued, but I'd love to see NEO be properly supported.

My hope is that ebr will eventually get the chance to take MBPlus for MB3/MBC off the back-burner, and be able to use the MBPlus EHS on top of neo.

(no rush Eric - I appreciate you've got much more important things to focus on just now! ;) ) 

swhitmore

I've noticed I only get the black tiles on the 'TV Shows' collection. Would there be any reason it would just be this one?

johnchimpo

I've noticed I only get the black tiles on the 'TV Shows' collection. Would there be any reason it would just be this one?

I seem to recall an option to set the TV Season as poster and not the extract as poster on the EHS. I believe that setting as Season poster caused the posters to then appear in the previously black tile (recent). I'm away from home so I can't double check though. 

The TV collection does load the posters on the black tile slower than other collections tho.

Edited by johnchimpo