Chocolate Theme - Mouse Control Issues

trusselo
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

trusselo

I have had a couple minor bugs/issues with chocolate theme, thought it would just be best to create one thread for chocolate, to keep it easy for.... ebr??.. to keep track. if not please feel free to change the title to "mouse control issues", as my 2 issues are that..

btw, I love chocolate theme, and not just because its the right price for most people.

First off, not so much an issue for me, but rather, its REALLY bugging my father, on the start screen when operating with a mouse and you go to hover over say.. TV, the Row moves left and you have to re-aim where you are going with the mouse..  here, see image....   could there be an option to change its behaviour to better accommodate mouse control

52730f2751f91_Untitled.png

Second, another mouse control issue that i find, when you bringing up the "Item Menu" (Shift+F8), your mouse cannot hover over any other item in the background list, otherwise, the menu will do the action for the wrong selection...  here, another image....  this applies to other views as well, not just list. Poster view is impossible to deal with, in regards to this issue.

527314235587e_Untitled1.png

A solution to this would to disable the background menu (TV list) after opening a foreground menu (Item Menu).

keep up the great work!

Edited by trusselo

• Solution

Unfortunately, none of the themes are optimized for mouse usage.  They just weren't designed with that in mind.  It is possible that some of the newer themes do a better job with this but the code base for this theme is about four years old and will have some of these problems throughout.

If I get some sort of major free time at some point, I may look at some of these issues but will never likely be able to make the theme work truly well with a mouse.

• Like 1

trusselo

how are they designed to be controlled?

by remote? i cant remember the last time i saw a media centre remote, not to mention media centre going the way of the dodo.

or by keyboard?

is better mouse support going to be a feature of MB Theatre? Was Media Center one of the limiting factors?

DGMayor

by remote? i cant remember the last time i saw a media centre remote, not to mention media centre going the way of the dodo.

or by keyboard?

is better mouse support going to be a feature of MB Theatre? Was Media Center one of the limiting factors?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=windows%20media%20center%20remote&Submit=ENE

or by keyboard?

MB was originally designed with Microsoft's previous "10 foot interface" and to be controlled by a remote.  All of that has since gone the way of the dodo.

You might try Crystal or Roc (or even subdued) as they were designed more recently and may do a better job with mouse control.