ROC 1.0.5.0 now live

leedavies

leedavies

Lots of improvements in this release.  BIG thanks to the mighty Xzener for a lot of feedback on test versions. 

You guys should find pretty much all the outstanding issues are cleared up in this release:

• EHS improvements - tile appearance, focus indicator styling and animation effects, including new zoom effect on page load
  • EHS startup animation now either white or black depending on skin
  • EHS recently added and unwatched no longer show duplicate items
  • Configurable (and clickable) Director field now shown in most views
  • Default backdrop overlay opacity improved
  • Thumb view now has background overlay behind vertical scroller so logos are much clearer against any background, and scrolling animation much smoother
  • Item over text panes that are scrollable now indicate keyboard/mouse focus by brightening a little
  • Many animation effect improvements and standardizations - everything feels very smooth and responsive

There are a few issues left to resolve, but the focus is now on a Crystal release with all of the latest ROC developments in it.  It's well underway and just a few days from release.

As always, feedback welcome. 

Now a couple of requests from me...

If you've tried ROC before and didn't like it or it didn't work, please give it another go, it's come a long way since then - I'll give you a free licence for a few days if your trial has expired, just message me on these forums with your supporter key.

Your support of my work by buying ROC and/or Crystal is greatly appreciated.  A lot of time and effort goes into making these themes and your support means I can continue.  If anyone has already bought and is so delighted with their feedback being listened to and would like to make a donation, that would be lovely too - my PayPal account is leefdavies@hotmail.com

THANKS TO ALL YOU LOVELY FOLKS... enjoy ROC...  ;-)

• Like 3

swhitmore

I'll give you a free licence for a few days if your trial has expired, just message me on these forums with your supporter key.

Can you change the trial so that instead of timing out, it disables playback or something similar? I always found it frustrating that people added time-outs for trials. I occasionally like to go back and try other themes (especially ones that have been updated).

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

when you have the time lee, see what you can do regarding the trailers tab that it has been mentioned a lot of times...

Keep up the excellend work mate ,the best theme all over!!!

• Like 1

mboehler

Hi Lee,

Of course you know I love your work.  But I thought I'd say it again, anyway.

I do have a couple problems with the new version, though.  

I just updated to Roc 1.0.5.0 and have been getting some "The media browser 3 program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Windows Media Center" messages since then.  Below are the MBC logs.  So far the errors seem to occur randomly.  I will keep playing with it to see if I can detect a pattern.

MBClassic-1112013a67a9ea4efbb46e8...1bd3a55.log

MBClassic-11120137b95a79198f14081...e8eac40.log

MBClassic-11120138a69b4b2eddd421...676d75b.log

MBClassic-11120133560e04c47fb444b...7663a63.log

MBClassic-111201393156a0c96564ba7...d1978ee.log

Also, the really cool, swirly background doesn't work for me any longer.  I have the option "Show collection backdrops" under EHS unchecked, but it is still showing them.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I know I can just remove the backdrops from the collections and that will work. But I'd rather leave them intact as my daughter still uses the Supremacy theme on her TV, and it looks much better with backdrops.

One again, keep up the great work!

Edited by mboehler

Nick's MCE

Hi DEV

Yep Luv the work on ROC as well. I just loaded the latest version 1.0.5.0 and I am having the same problem, the theme won't launch and I keep getting the message "INVALID APPLICATION" with the option to cancel or block the application. I click cancel and it boots me back to MCE home page. I had to roll back to previous version to get it to launch.

Thanks again for the work.

• Like 1

leedavies

Hi DEV

Yep Luv the work on ROC as well. I just loaded the latest version 1.0.5.0 and I am having the same problem, the theme won't launch and I keep getting the message "INVALID APPLICATION" with the option to cancel or block the application. I click cancel and it boots me back to MCE home page. I had to roll back to previous version to get it to launch.

Thanks again for the work.

Ok, that's odd.  Please could you post whatever error log entry is in your Windows Event Viewer in the MEdia Center section - it will explain what's going on.

Do you have a custom color skin file?  If so, that might be your problem as there have been some new colors/style names added in this release - compare your skin with one of the standard shipped ones to see what's missing, if that's the problem.

Hi Lee,

All seems great, looks fantastic and really smooth. Having trouble with the toolbar moving left out of the way of the windows controls. It worked at first but now it has gone over to the right again even though it's still enabled. Tried enabling and disabling again but no joy. Any ideas?

Nick's MCE

Ok, that's odd.  Please could you post whatever error log entry is in your Windows Event Viewer in the MEdia Center section - it will explain what's going on.

Do you have a custom color skin file?  If so, that might be your problem as there have been some new colors/style names added in this release - compare your skin with one of the standard shipped ones to see what's missing, if that's the problem.

Your right it was the custom colors, needed to delete old and red-do off the newly shipped. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...