99% CPU and errors in log

oldschool

oldschool

Just recently MB3 has had almost 99% CPU utilization. I have to end the process and restart the server. This has been going on for the last week or so. I'm not sure if it has to do with MB+ that I recently installed, but I uninstalled it and I'm still having the issues. I have a large media library, so I'm not sure if that is causing the problem or not as well.

I'm on 3.0.54.82.1. I was getting DLNA errors and subtitle download errors, so I turned off both of those features as well, but I'm still having problems with the server being unresponsive because it is processing something in the background.

A reboot solves the problem, but not for very long. This last one it was only about 3 hours before the CPU utilization crept back to 99%.

server-63556131907.txt

oldschool

MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe*32

Also, kind of weird and maybe related, my ServerWMC on a different PC keeps crashing, and so when I start MB3, it has recently reported that it can't refresh the guide. I start the service again on the other PC (and I've rebooted it numerous times as well), but ServerWMC has been unstable lately.

oldschool

Here's the last error in ServerWMC:

2015/01/06 11:15:33.410 Uncaught Thread Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ServerWMC.Worker.SocketServer.ReceiveCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
2015/01/06 11:15:53.392 Received client request: MediaBrowser^@FILESERVE@|192.168.1.10|GetServerVersion
2015/01/06 11:15:53.416 Finished request GetServerVersion in 0.02s

jds828

I had ffmpeg.exe eating up nearly 70% on an i7 3770k.

I can't think of anything I altered but it's now dropped to between 10 and 20%. Still a tad high but much better than before. It was doing in on both remote and local so not sure.

oldschool

Same one - MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe*32 is the offender. In reality, everything else besides "System Idle Process" is around 2% or less.

That's the only one I have running for MB3 on this server. I've seen up to about 900,000K in memory utilized by MB3 as well when it gets to 99%.  It's been running for about 5 hours now, and even though MB3 hasn't been used very much during that time, it's hovering around 50% CPU.

oldschool

Hmmm, do you want me to provide a WIndows event log on this? Looking at the page for reporting errors, it describes how to view the Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Media Browser, but I don't have that on this server (Server 2K8 R2), so I'm not sure if that's the logs you're asking for.

I haven't "caught" MB3 in the act of jetting to 99% so far, so I couldn't tell you whether one of them is running during the time. I can provide a list of the scheduled tasks on the system:

54ad55f94d86a_Server.jpg

oldschool

It doesn't look like I have any scheduled tasks - the box is empty when I look at the Task Status -> Last 7 days.

oldschool

OK - let me try to catch it when it is pegged. The problem is that usually the interface times out when it is at 99%, so I can't even see the page. I don't think it is resulting from a library scan because the scan happens when I reboot and it completes successfully. I was hoping the log file would show what is running and causing the error.

oldschool

The browser doesn't connect. I've tried refreshing the browser numerous times using the browser on the server and MB3 doesn't respond, so I couldn't tell you what scheduled MB3 tasks were running to cause it.

It hit 99% tonight. Memory utilization was/is 64%, so it doesn't seem to be running out of system memory.

54adf01a04258_20150107_204916.png

I've uploaded a new log file for the latest lock up.

Edited by oldschool

oldschool

In the windows event log:

The Media Browser service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 9 time(s).

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7034</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-08T03:02:36.794944900Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>156848</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="544" ThreadID="6132" /> 
  <Channel>System</Channel> 
  <Computer>FILESERVE</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">Media Browser</Data> 
  <Data Name="param2">9</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Okay, then I would start by removing all plug-ins.  Then, if the problem doesn't occur, start adding them back in one by one until it does.

oldschool

It's kind of weird. I rebooted yesterday and MB3 looked like it wanted to behave. CPU usage was negligible - like 2% all day. It hasn't pegged today, but it hasn't been used as much today. Right now it's at 50%, MB3 is not serving anything or isn't being used right now, and MB3 is showing 50% CPU usage. None of the Scheduled Tasks are currently running and it's still taking up 50% CPU.

This seems to be how it has behaved recently, and sometime later today I expect it will end up being 99%.

I'll start to remove the plugins one by one and continue to troubleshoot.

oldschool

MB3 seems to be very well behaved since yesterday and removing auto box sets. I'll add in some of the other plugins and see if the problem presents itself again.