Coverart Overlay for Stub media

tmb4016

tmb4016

Hi all,

Is it possible to get an overlay to display when the movie is a stub file. Ideally it would be great to get another attribute to display in the overlay but this may be stretching it.

ie. I have a DVD which is referenced via a stub and that item in the movie.xml has a collection number value  it would be good to have some visible overlay that it is an offline media or even better can the overlay pick collection number up and display it as text in the overlay ?

Regards

There is already an "offline" treatment style but it is currently a manual process to apply it. 

I'll look at applying the offline treatment to stub items automatically.

tmb4016

Thanks ebr - that would be great. How do you apply the manual offline treatment ? I've not managed to track it down ?

Edited by tmb4016

Thanks ebr - that would be great. How do you apply the manual offline treatment ? I've not managed to track it down ?

You would have to have the offline items in a single directory tree so you could create a profile for that folder.  Then force all relevant types to the offline cover with the "Specific Covers" option.

tmb4016

Ok - got it.. I will not do anything until you've explored utilizing the stub. It would be good to do it as an overlay in case rather than a treatment. Thanks again.

Ok - got it.. I will not do anything until you've explored utilizing the stub. It would be good to do it as an overlay in case rather than a treatment. Thanks again.

What I do will be a treatment as opposed to an overlay.  Most of the clients already show an overlay for off line items.

Try the beta 4.0.7.2.  You will probably have to fully refresh (download new images) the items to make them get new treatments.

tmb4016

Hi ebr, Thanks for the update. I've installed it and yes as you suggest refresh allows the off-line treatment to be displayed.  Is it possible to get it to read the first part of the stub and display different image based on the value. ie movie1.DVD.disc would get a different treatment to movie2.BLURAY.disc. Looking good though and thanks for you quick work.

tmb4016

Hi ebr, - apologies for not being clear. 

The stub can contain a source label before the .disc.  At this point you are picking up on the stub and displaying a common off-line treatment. At that point I've lost the information on whether it is an offline DVD or an offline Blu-ray or potentially a VHS for example. It would be good if the offline treatment could show an offline image but also read the source label to allow a different treatment. so if it was an offline blu-ray for instance the stub would read Movie1.BLURAY.disc and the treatment could show 'offline blu-ray' or change the colour.

For an offline DVD the stub would say movie2.DVD.disc so the treatment would be 'offline DVD' design or colour.

I suspect it would mean a lot more case variations unless the DVD or Blu-RAY bit could be done as an overlay.

I hope that is clearer.

It is mainly because my off line media are stored in different places so a visual display of the media type tells me where to go look for it.

Thanks again

Yeah, I'm not really going to be able to do that because it would double the number of possible treatments and that just isn't an option.

This is where your original suggestion (an overlay of some sort) would be better.  However, most clients already show an overlay or other indicator of some sort to show that an item is off-line.

So, my inclination right now is to revert what I did and let the clients show the off line status instead of trying to do it in CA.

tmb4016

Hi ebr, - It is your call. What you have now works fine for me in showing off-line stuff the media type is not show stopper but a nice to have I typically use the web client. I've had a look at window phone and ipad client and cannot find any offline status display.

I can live with it either way but I appreciate you work so far.

I am going to revert the change that I made here because I think people care more about the type of item than the external disc as far as CA is concerned.

If I get some time I can investigate the possibility of an overlay but I thought the clients were already doing this.  MBC does and I guess I assumed incorrectly that the others did as well.  I will make a post in the dev area suggesting that they do.

54ad4af7df163_mbcplaceholder.png