MB Server cannot find my Dual TV card ??

BrettM

I have a dual TV Tuner card for the last 3 months and have not been able to get the server to find the TV tuner card but if I set it up in windows media centre it works fine. I'm currently at work but will add screen shots shortly soon as I get home.

Edited by BrettM

techywarrior

You need a Live TV backend like WMC, NextPVR, etc. and then the corresponding plugin for MediaBrowser. MediaBrowser doesn't directly interface with the TV tuner cards.

Hi Techywarrior thank you for your reply, I have got both WMC, NextPVR but when I select one or the other I get the same result but what is the corresponding plugin I have live TV plugging but it still can't seem to detect the Tuner card I'll go on the HTPC and i'll send a screen of what i'm getting... NextPVR came with the video card and is installed on the PC, as I said it seems to work in media centre.....

Edited by BrettM

techywarrior

First step is to have the tv card working in NextPVR or WMC (I don't know if it would cause a problem for the same card to be setup in both so you may want to test with just one).

If you are going to use WMC then you need to install serverWMC. (it's a program that allows other software to interface with WMC)

Once it's working there then you can install the plugin in MBS. Go to the web client and login as an admin, click on the gear to go to the dashboard. Click on Plugins on the left then Catalog and install the corresponding plugin (either NextPVR or serverWMC). Each of those may have some configuration settings you have to set (click on the plugin after it's installed and the server restarts).

Last step is to go to the web dashboard's Live TV menu on the left side (in the configuration area) and set what plugin to use for Live TV.

krustyreturns

Just want to add: if you decide to try serverwmc, you need to get wmc configured and working first.