Domoticz With Mediabrowser

Rowlett

Rowlett

Hi All,

i know it's a stretch but wondered if any of the developers would consider incorporating domoticz within mediabrowser

Domoticz for those who don't know is an opensource home automation software it is extremely versatile in what hardware you can use with it.

Reason i say this because just imagine if you could link home automation with your media browser experience?!?! 

i.e. press play and the lights in room dim low/turn off and blinds shut ready for your mediabrowser experience, you pause to answer a phonecall so the lights turn on or dim higher, or you pause to go make a drink so the lights in the kitchen turned on and plug switches on the kettle (or of course you just go get a beer!! :-D). or you could even put pir in another room so if you left the room it would pause mediabrowser... especially now mediabrowser has control per device the possibilities are endless!! 

their api is open for 3rd party integration, also software can respond to JSON/url and already has XMBC support (i believe!)

personally though mediabrowsers gui just rules and beats domoticz hands down, so if this could be incorporated i'd probably use mediabrowser to control my house even when i'm not watching a movie!! lol (well i wish!)

plus this would put MB3 far ahead in the race compared to PLEX!! 

http://www.domoticz.com/

Edited by Rowlett