Hostname Support

PAYMYRENT
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

PAYMYRENT

I have a domain that i have configured to allow access to media browser server on the internet. I would like to see the option instead of just adding an IP address to just input a domain\hostname and have the app use that information to connect to my server!

Thanks,

PMR

PAYMYRENT

right now im only using it on Android but there is an iPhone in the house and it will probably be connected once we find it lol :P

The android client also supports domain name. You can just input your domain instead of the ip address. I am currently using it that way.

PAYMYRENT

The android client also supports domain name. You can just input your domain instead of the ip address. I am currently using it that way.

Then there is a bug. The android client refused my url - even with http:// and without just plain url also . i have my domain configured with a subdomain pointing to my server not just the ip but the full path to the port and all...

sfnetwork

I tested them all (clients) with DNS names using my domain name (WAN and LAN) all good here...

sfnetwork

Then there is a bug. The android client refused my url - even with http:// and without just plain url also . i have my domain configured with a subdomain pointing to my server not just the ip but the full path to the port and all...

That's the problem BTW, subdomain must only point to IP.

Ports are configured in client.

Edited by sfnetwork

• Solution
Redshirt

Android OS doesn't support hostnames. It's a MAJOR oversight on googles behalf. You need to use either a FQDN or the IP.

Google has acknowledged support for it in a "future" android version, whatever that means.

• Like 1

PAYMYRENT

Thats horrible as I use my domain for other things on top of making most of my life easier! Maybe it is time to get another domain :P