TV Show Folder not updating after changing folder name

sprtfan
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I set up MediaBrowser Server last night and really like it so far.  After getting it set up and installing Classic on my Windows 8.1 computer, I noticed that a few of the shows did not have cover art and realized that I had the folders named wrong.  (Ex. The Black List instead of The Blacklist and Marvel's Agents of Shield instead of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D)  I changed the names of the folders but the names were not updated inside MediaBrowser.  From the server I had it Scan the Media library again but they still do not reflect the changes I made.  I made the changes last night and they are still not updated this morning.  Could I still have them named wrong or do I need to do something else to make the folders update?  Thanks

I had tried editing the xml file and it did change the listed name but I was still not getting the metadata to update for The Blacklist and thought I must be doing something wrong.  I forgot about hitting Control R to refresh the file and it downloaded the info and looks great now.   I'm guessing that is what you the refresh button you were talking about was?  Thanks again.  Hopefully I can figure things out from here so I don't have to bother you with anymore simple questions. 

• Solution

Yes, the metadata using the old folder names got saved into xml files. When the xml files are present, their values override everything else, so that's why the library scan is not changing the name.

Two solutions - go to the edit page for an affected item. Either change the name by hand or click the refresh button to force new metadata processing for that item.

• Like 1