MBT / DVD rip and audio track playback

klapetste

klapetste

Hello,

first, thanks for the greats efforts you guys have spend to build such nice media center!

I have moved from XBMC to MB recently hand found myself left with some unanswered questions.

DVD rips means for me to copy the DVD main movie only with two audio tracks and related subtitles into VIDEO_TS folder structure.

This has been done for hundreds of DVD and VLC and other can play such flawless.

If I do now the same thing in MBT the main movie starts, but compared to XBMC the following issues are occurring:

·       No time code / runtime

·       No fast forward or any kind of such

·       No way to pick a different audio track nor subtitle *

* I know that 'i' shortcut will bring a menu. And this is of course working fine on my m2ts Blu-ray rips in term of changing the audio stream.

But with the DVD rips, the menu point for Audio is gone.

Transcoding the same DVD rips (via Android device) let me choose the correct audio track.

Of course, in LAV and on the server side I have set the default language, but its still picking the wrong audio track in MBT

However, since it depends on my current moot to listen to native or English language is there an easy way I might have overseen to change the audio track during the runtime?

Thanks & Regards,

Klapetste

shaefurr

None of the DVD features have been finished yet for MBT, its been going under a huge overhaul so I assume it wont be fixed until after that is all done. Not sure what the ETA is for this either.

If you're library is composed of mostly video_ts folders you have about 2 options while you wait.

1. Use a different client like the web client, MBC or XBMC.

2. Use MBT with an external player so when you open a movie it opens in another player like VLC.

Since you said you just switched from XBMC you can give the MB plugin for Kodi a try.

• 2 years later...
Ketforth

I

Hello,

first, thanks for the greats efforts you guys have spend to build such nice media center!

I have moved from XBMC to MB recently hand found myself left with some unanswered questions.

DVD rips means for me to copy the DVD main movie only with two audio tracks and related subtitles into VIDEO_TS folder structure.

This has been done for hundreds of DVD and VLC and other can play such flawless.

If I do now the same thing in MBT the main movie starts, but compared to XBMC the following issues are occurring:

·       No time code / runtime

·       No fast forward or any kind of such

·       No way to pick a different audio track nor subtitle *

* I know that 'i' shortcut will bring a menu. And this is of course working fine on my m2ts Blu-ray rips in term of changing the audio stream.

But with the DVD rips, the menu point for Audio is gone.

Transcoding the same DVD rips (via Android device) let me choose the correct audio track.

Of course, in LAV and on the server side I have set the default language, but its still picking the wrong audio track in MBT

However, since it depends on my current moot to listen to native or English language is there an easy way I might have overseen to change the audio track during the runtime?

Thanks & Regards,

Klapetste

I am not sure I understand your meaning right  or not, but I think maybe the problem is that DVD rip  went wrong, so I think you can try some other programs such as wondershare http://www.avangate.com/affiliates/marketplace/product/Wondershare-Video-Converter-Ultimate.html handbreak, they are very famous but a little expensive for me, maybe you can afford them, lol, if not, you can try free program but useful: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dvd-grabber.html I have been using it for many years, if I really have no use, do not blame me please.