Just Upgraded from version 2.xxx Lost all my Customization

bmlocal175

bmlocal175

My old version was working great and had it the way I liked but my trailers in the begining of the movies stopped working so I thought I would upgrade to the latest version.  It erased everything I had and started fresh.

It was years ago when I set all this up and now I don't remember what I even did.  I haven't searched the internet yet to try and find the tutorial, figured I start here.

I had some orange add on thing I remember for pearl and that is gone.

I played intros then trailers and then thx stuff before the movie started which is all gone.  I still see the folder with all of it in there and is called media browser stuff with folders 1 2 3 4.

I had a theater and backdrop with red curtains for the first page of MB where I could scroll through Movies, Shows etc with custom art and that is all gone.

I also had a media browser service which stayed in the taskbar which is now gone.   From there I could see my plugins and other options which I don't see now.  I remember CoverArt, Trailers, Intros etc.

Any help would be great.

Logos302

Have you also installed the server (which takes care of the little task bar service now) and Coverart, trailers, intros are now plug-ins for the server.  This should get most of those things back for you.  How ever I'm not sure pearl is supported anymore.  There a lot of new features that those themes don't allow and the devs are either not around or have moved on to other themes.  The images for home screen can still be done I believe just a download from the fanart section of the forum (but I'm not 100% as I have not done this with my setup) I find that the default theme is more than adequate.  

Hi, we're sorry about this but version 3 is a whole new application and ecosystem. The best thing to do is consider it a fresh start. Media Browser Classic does pay a lot of homage to MB2 and it is very similar, but still not the same application.

bmlocal175

Thanks for the quick replies.

After reading more I have answered some of my own questions.

I do have the server now and actually downloaded that first then updated the classic. 

I see Coverart in the server plugins and trailers, both need support money.  I paid for these before to run them in 2.xxx, will I need to pay again?  I have no idea where any of those receipts or emails are.

Yes it's a whole new major version. It helps keep us running and able to pursue new features for you guys.

bmlocal175

Do I need to donate for each plugin?  Each one has a donate after trial period, is the least amount $4 and is that every month?

bmlocal175

Well I installed the CoverArt, Trailers and Intros Free trial apps and everything seems to be back to normal. 

Few questions.  I had a different background behind the Folders on the main screen of MBC.  I had a picture of the inside of a movie theater sort of like the trailers folder picture.  Any ideas on how to change the background of MBC?  I also have folders in there I do not need or use, how do I delete them so they do not show?

Also I watched a few trailers to make sure they played before my movie starts and it works but one was from japan with subtitles and the other was something crazy, filth movie or something, with swearing and some right out in the open sex.  Would hate for that to pop up when we are are watching toy story or something with the kids.  Any way to filter these?

Tried it a second time and got the avengers 2 and the new star wars so not sure what was up with the other 2.

bmlocal175

OK got most all of it working again and am very pleased.

The only thing I'm missing and can't figure out is the photo slideshow I had as a backdrop.  I have the backdrop which is a picture of a theater with a white screen.  I had a slide show playing on the white screen of several different movie titles, trilogys etc.  Had Austin Powers, Alien, Bad Boys, Jim Carrey etc.  Someone made it, don't know what file it is in and where to put it to get it going again.

Yeah, that just would have been multiple backdrops in your user root folder.

Glad you got it going.