"Movies by Genre" Collection - how to change main icon

tomasstendahl
Go to solution Solved by BATTLE DONKEY,

tomasstendahl

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.  

My query is this:  I have installed the "genre Cleaner" plugin, which is brilliant, thanks.  Now, for the first time I can use the "show movie genre collection" without seeing loads of useless categories!

I have used the Media Server dashboard to upload my custom icons for the genres I have chosen to display, which is great.  However, I can't find a way to change the main "Movies by Genre" icon on the MBC home screen - all I get is the default 'glass folder' icon. 

post-95-0-20957200-1383221900_thumb.jpg

Is there a way to change this and, if so, how?

Many thanks!

• Solution
BATTLE DONKEY

Find your imagesbyname folder, create a folder called general inside of it. Inside the general folder create a folder called favorites. Inside that put in the icon u want to use and name it folder.jpg

• Like 4

CWNashvegas

To add to the previous answer, that is the procedure for anything that isn't assignable from the web client. Just make sure that the folder inside "General" exactly matches what you're trying to create, so:

Favorites

Movies by Genre

Music by Genre 

and so on. How the item is listed in the MB Classic home screen is what the folder should be titled.

• Like 1

Good day,

You should accept the right answer whom you see have the right one, not yours :)

PS: I already did that for you tho.

My best

• 3 months later...
Schroinx

I just ran into this. Th reason being that it is not very obvious that the user has two places to change the folder icons, the web interface and the imagesbyname folder - and that those in the imagesbyname folder cannot be changed through the web interface. It's not really logical, unless you understand the distinction between search folders and media folders.

I just ran into this. Th reason being that it is not very obvious that the user has two places to change the folder icons, the web interface and the imagesbyname folder - and that those in the imagesbyname folder cannot be changed through the web interface. It's not really logical, unless you understand the distinction between search folders and media folders.

Well, there is simply no way around this particular issue right now because that folder is created solely by the client.  The server has no knowledge that it exists so it can't present an editing interface for it.

The only thing that could potentially be done would be to have a blanket image editor for the IBN.  That would be nice but we have bigger fish to fry first.

• Like 2

GrotShot

Well, there is simply no way around this particular issue right now because that folder is created solely by the client.  The server has no knowledge that it exists so it can't present an editing interface for it.

The only thing that could potentially be done would be to have a blanket image editor for the IBN.  That would be nice but we have bigger fish to fry first.

With the ability to add clearart, folder images etc via the Server web interface, does that not mean that the IBN folder is becoming redundant?

• Like 1

With the ability to add clearart, folder images etc via the Server web interface, does that not mean that the IBN folder is becoming redundant?

Not really related to those types of art but the IBN folder is still used for a lot of our item's images (people, genres, etc.) - it is just that you can edit them directly using the web interface.

Eventually, it would be nice to be able to edit images for the IBN General folder via the web interface too but that is something that would be pretty far down the list of to dos because it is a lot less necessary these days.

• Like 1