Exclude Series from Missing Episodes

Fieperskaivu

Fieperskaivu

Is there a way to turn off missing episodes/seasons entirely? I accidentally turned it on while playing with the settings and now can't find a way to get rid of the folders/episodes showing up throughout my media collection. I think it was in the profile settings, but I never actually hit save after turning those on and both are unchecked now.

It's a cool feature, but it's not something I'm interested in at the moment. My media collection isn't all properly named right now so it's making me have episodes 1-24 named properly but "missing" and 1-24 again with the wrong name, but the actual files...

Thanks!

It's off by default in the web client. Each client will need their own settings. I think some have chosen to put them on by default.

Fieperskaivu

It's off by default in the web client. Each client will need their own settings. I think some have chosen to put them on by default.

Ah ok, wow that was a quick response! Love Media Browser 3 by the way!

I just updated to the Android Beta 15 and they're gone, maybe something with 14 had them showing even though I'd turned it off...? Anyway fine now, thanks!

mboehler

Is there a way to exclude just certain series from the missing episodes list?  I have some documentary series, like Nova and Horizon that have YEARS of missing episodes. I'd rather not have them displayed in the list along with everything else.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

52713fcc6e4be_missing.jpg

• Like 9

DGMayor

I was going to suggest having it turned on or off by collection, but this would actually be the more flexible/sensible option.

Good idea. It would be nice to be able to exclude either missing episodes or future episodes or both. The reason for splitting it out would be you could add folders for series you watch but don't collect. So you could then see upcoming episodes on your list, but it wouldn't show all the "missing" ones because you never add them to your collection.

• Like 2

Starkadius

Hm is the "Upcoming" tab found under the TV shows collection suppose to be on by default? I can't seem to find a way of disabling this tab.

edit- Even if the upcoming tab cannot be disabled, its not a big deal. As always, thanks for adding new features.

Edited by Starkadius

JohnnyM

Thank you Luke. I was look at the server to turn this feature off but it was in the client. I know some user would like this feature but I only what to show inventory that I have.

Johnny M

MrFlibbles

I think it actually defaults to "on" for the webclient. The "Upcoming" tab in the webclient is populated for me and I have not touched any profile settings. I have confirmed both check boxes for it is off within the profile just in case.

Don't mind it defaulting to "on" btw, just stating that it is on my install :)

crashkelly

Is there a way to exclude just certain series from the missing episodes list?  I have some documentary series, like Nova and Horizon that have YEARS of missing episodes. I'd rather not have them displayed in the list along with everything else.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

52713fcc6e4be_missing.jpg

If the feature doesn't exist already to not show certain missing episodes, what about adding the ability to enter a date as a cutoff point. Before that date would not show, after would.

Just a thought

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
mboehler

Thanks!

I was going to suggest having it turned on or off by collection, but this would actually be the more flexible/sensible option.

Good idea. It would be nice to be able to exclude either missing episodes or future episodes or both. The reason for splitting it out would be you could add folders for series you watch but don't collect. So you could then see upcoming episodes on your list, but it wouldn't show all the "missing" ones because you never add them to your collection.

@@Luke, is there anything in the works about adding this feature on a per series basis?  

Most of the TV series I have, I'd like to enable Missing and Upcoming episodes.  But there are a few that I have no intention of adding all the episodes, and it makes it difficult to navigate through those.

Edited by mboehler
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to throw my support behind this request aswell.

I am a big fan of the The Colbert Report and The Daily Show. To date The Daily Show has over 2800+ episodes, majority of which I don't have in my collection, which makes navigating Missing Episodes  a little tricky.

• 1 month later...
mboehler

Bump!

If the feature doesn't exist already to not show certain missing episodes, what about adding the ability to enter a date as a cutoff point. Before that date would not show, after would.

Just a thought

Cheers

I just wanted to throw my support behind this request aswell.

I am a big fan of the The Colbert Report and The Daily Show. To date The Daily Show has over 2800+ episodes, majority of which I don't have in my collection, which makes navigating Missing Episodes  a little tricky.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
mboehler

Hey guys,

I know this is probably not very high on the priority list, but it would still be pretty cool, I think.  I was trying to sort through my current shows to see if I was missing any episodes the other day.  I was thinking how cool it would be if I could remove Nova, Spongebob, and some other series that I don't plan to ever have all the episodes for so I could just see the ones that I am interested in.

Thanks for this great product and keep up the amazing work!

• Like 1

jwill

I like the suggestion of having a configuration option where you can say something like "don't show missing episodes older than ____" where the blank can be filled in with something like a week, a month, a year, or 999 years to get everything.

I like the suggestion of having a configuration option where you can say something like "don't show missing episodes older than ____" where the blank can be filled in with something like a week, a month, a year, or 999 years to get everything.

I don't think that would be nearly as useful as indicating for which series you do/don't want them.  I think an opt-out at a series level would make the most sense.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Starkadius

Gotta love @@mboehler 's patient persistence. I've never seen someone bump with months between bumps! That's dedication. :)

Indeed. I think I was quite patient on my endeavour too don't you agree? I decided to wait almost a year before bumping. So very close to the year! I couldn't resist 2 weeks more. :(

There is still hope though, no response yet so I might get a chance to bump it in October 2015!

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

This would be great for series that you don't collect or even new series that have split episodes differenty on their original network vs Amazon or Netflix. For example La case de papel originally had 1 season with 15 episodes but on Netflix those are split into 2 seasons totalling 22 episodes. You can override the TVDB data but still see 2 missing episodes for season 1.