access outside of network

ernstgot

Oakington

@@ebr Is the SSL development for the android app opensourced? I'd like to contribute but I'd rather not duplicate work that has already been done. Any way you can push an ssl-dev branch to the public repo?

I do not believe anything has been done with SSL in the Android app yet.  We are working on general stability and other fixes first.

More than likely, this will be taken care of at the ApiClient level as opposed to the app level.

Does this imply that SSL connections aren't supported at all in the android app?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thefirstofthe300

Currently, the native Android app doesn't support SSL connections but it is on the todo list.

If you want to use SSL, don't forget that the web client is extremely mobile friendly so you can use SSL with it.

• 2 months later...
ivoidwarranties

Currently, the native Android app doesn't support SSL connections but it is on the todo list.

If you want to use SSL, don't forget that the web client is extremely mobile friendly so you can use SSL with it.

Hi, any updates on SSL support on the Android app?  

ressu

SSL protected instances can be a bit tricky. The problem is that SSL is inherently built to shy away from self signed certificates. Getting a connection to happen automatically to such a host is a chore in itself.

That being said, I would love to see ACME support in Emby. For those who think of cartoons when hearing the word ACME, it's a protocol that allows automatically assigned signed certificates. More info at https://letsencrypt.org/