access outside of network

ernstgot

ernstgot

I can access the server inside the network using the android client but outside the network is a no go. However can access it through the http site either with app.mediabrowser.tv or the ip of the server.

cgrey000

I can access the server inside the network using the android client but outside the network is a no go. However can access it through the http site either with app.mediabrowser.tv or the ip of the server.

Same here - been like this for at least a week now. I *think* I've seen it mentioned in another thread...

rhardison

I think I was having the same issue as you. I can access the server in network. I was able to verify port forwarding setting by going to canyouseeme.org. But I could not access server out of network. What I did is selected manually set up server and used only the ip address from my provider. I have done 3 android deviced with no problems.

zebo51

How do you set it up manually?  After installing the client I first tried just signing in.  It came up and showed my media server with the correct internal IP/Port and the external IP/Port, but then says Server unreachable after I try and connect.

I then tried hitting the Skip button where it says to setup manually, and it just signs in and pops up with my server again and eventually says Server unreachable.

Thanks

Edit: Never mind, figured it out and got connected manually putting in my external IP.

Edited by zebo51

saitoh183

@@Luke

I also have 2 friends that are unable to connect to my server via Connect. They are signed up as a guess under my server. They can see the server but when he clicks, it fails to connect( Server is unreachable). The woraround i have found:

1 - use manual Connect

2 - enter the server info 

3 - When you see the user list, then you click on sign-in with Connect

Version MB Android 2.1.38

Server Version : 3.0.5482.1

Log: http://pastebin.com/P2i07qKV

If you need server, do i need to unable debug mode or will the connection error popup in the log anyways?

flcruising

Same for me. I have another thread describing it and with log files attached as the moderators have requested, but still no help or solution.

• 2 weeks later...
ginjaninja

same for me...but i cant reproduce the issue and create a log, as i have no external network access when in front of PC to reproduce fault and send logs...

e123enitan

same here, once I am out of LAN, I couldn't connect any one have success with WAN access, pls share your procedure. 

Thanks

jrwalte

I'm having similar issue, but it only has to do with transcoding. I can connect without issue to the MB server from android, but I can't play any files. It just gets hung up.

But if I remotely connect through the web browser client, it transcodes and starts the video no problem.

I can't imagine this being a port forwarding/transcode issue if the web browser works?

saitoh183

I'm having similar issue, but it only has to do with transcoding. I can connect without issue to the MB server from android, but I can't play any files. It just gets hung up.

But if I remotely connect through the web browser client, it transcodes and starts the video no problem.

I can't imagine this being a port forwarding/transcode issue if the web browser works?

is your transcoding folder a network path or local?

ginjaninja

No problems inside network. Outside sign in via connect does not work. Manual specification of server by public ip works. Im using 8096..for public and private ports..web client works fine on public dns 8096

Edit

Odd..after successfully logging by manual ip remotely..the client is now functioning for connect logon remotely

Edited by ginjaninja

flcruising

No problems inside network. Outside sign in via connect does not work. Manual specification of server by public ip works. Im using 8096..for public and private ports..web client works fine on public dns 8096

Edit

Odd..after successfully logging by manual ip remotely..the client is now functioning for connect logon remotely

Same here, but still cannot play video...the app crashes. No help in the thread I started in December about this issue; no log file will generate on the phone.

This all started for me when the server updated to 3.0.5464.40000 on 12/19/14; now at 3.0.5490.2. The Android app updated about a week later, but since this is still an issue, I don't think they know what the problem is.

dark_slayer

Mine works fine outside the lan (Verizon LG G2, Nexus 7, Fire TV, Nexus Player)

I use manual address and logins on all, I've never setup or used connect. I used to have a problem that my public port couldn't be specified as 8096 since I have to use the open port that my VPN provider forwards, and I NAT that back to 8096 . . . Redshirt pointed out that the server has options for you to specify an external port along with the external address. I've not had any issue since. Before it would always switch back to 8096 any time I was inside the lan and I had to do the whole thing over when I was on WAN, but after I updated the server settings it's never had issue switching back and forth

jacob.alberty

I checked the logs and it looks like when I try to connect via the media connect bit its trying the internal address even though im not on the network. Manual entering the external address of course works and using a vpn home works as well.

If any of you having this problem are in the Android Beta testing group, you should get an update today.  Please test it out.  Thx.

Skkittlebomb

@@Luke

I also have 2 friends that are unable to connect to my server via Connect. They are signed up as a guess under my server. They can see the server but when he clicks, it fails to connect( Server is unreachable). The woraround i have found:

1 - use manual Connect

2 - enter the server info 

3 - When you see the user list, then you click on sign-in with Connect

Version MB Android 2.1.38

Server Version : 3.0.5482.1

Log: http://pastebin.com/P2i07qKV

If you need server, do i need to unable debug mode or will the connection error popup in the log anyways?

This worked for me =)

Spaniard1142

Samaung S5

I’ve been playing around with the settings and I finally got it to work both Lan/WiFi and Cellular.

Under Streaming Options:

Turn off the HLS Support

Leave H264 Strict Mode on

On Lan/WiFi settings:

850 Kbs

On Cellular settings:

650 kbs

Sometimes it will work under 450 Kbs

Hope this helps…

• 1 month later...

Cant figure out what I am doing wrong.  I cannot reach my server from off the network.  I've even port forwarded 8920 to my server address from my router.  Still no go.  What am I missing?

Oh wait - that's the SSL port.  That is only going to work with the web client as none of the others have been updated to support SSL yet.

I added 8920 and 8096.  Nothing is working.  I have no idea what's blocking me at this point.  My guess is it's the 2wire Uverse router I have as the first point of contact.  Then i go from there to my AC router where I have the ports forwarded.  I cannot open ports on the 2wire, but was able to select my AC router and select allow all.....

@@Putty Is your local IP in the 10.*.*.* range, rather than 192.168.*.*? If so, you have to use this tool ( https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?pId=U_Static_Port_Forward_Passthru ) to forward ports through uverse remotely.

Edited by speechles