Crystal - MBC crashing on new episodes

psmc
Go to solution Solved by leedavies,

Hi lee i have spoken with others on here who said this is your area so here goes 

Any new episodes / Series I place into my folders cannot be played through MB C using WIN 8.1x64 ...yet other theme's they play in just as they should? 527137a64e151_brokenthemes.jpg

...here is the previous thread i've started also here are the logs

+ System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  ehExtHost 

- EventID 0 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 4 

Task 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2013-10-30T16:13:22.000000000Z 

EventRecordID 1448 

Channel Media Center 

Computer 

Security 

- EventData 

Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to convert "" to an object of type 'System.Int32'. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.Operations.TypeConversion(Object instance) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.PropertyOperations.Get(Object instance, String stPath, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.Get(Object instance, Int32 idxStart, Int32 nCount, Boolean fErrorOnNullReturn, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Set.ApplyWorker(Object args) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Set.Apply(IRulesHost rulesHost) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.RuleCollection.Update(IRulesHost rulesHost) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.ViewBlueprint.Build(Object objContext, Object objRoot) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)  

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1621-new-episodes-issue/&do=findComment&comment=32920

hope to hear from ya soon 

Edited by psmc

My money is on it is something that is mis-recognized and the system is getting a folder when it expects a series or something.  Not sure how that relates to playback, though so I want to hear from the OP to find out if this is actually occurring at play time or maybe when they are navigating.

psmc - does this actually happen right when you hit play?  When you hit the play button on the remote or a play button on the screen?

Lee, I can't figure out what, in the playback chain, would be causing this type of UI issue...

leedavies

Nor me, cos it's just invoking the play action for the media.

It looks more like I've got a rule that's not getting the environment or variables state it's expecting for some reason, but I've not heard this from anyone else.  Or some rule that's firing on a playback start detect that's stuffing something else as a side-effect.

Lets see what answer comes back about timing of the error.  I'm also interested to know if it's just a Detail view issue - does it happen in Thumb, Coverflow etc.

Depending on that outcome, I might just sort a special debug build to track what's going wrong.

My money is on it being something really stupidly simple.  :-)

Edited by leedavies

Hi lads Sorry about the wait...

This happens only to these new episodes or folders i have adjusted (as in added an episode to) and only in crystal ...movies worked fine i just added a new stand up comedy dvd (mp4) to the movies playlist worked no problem ...seems confined to series and only new series/episode in crystal ...the error pops up just as the pic up there appears as i click the series folder inside the main folder of the Series (Mash in this case) to bring me to the thumbs (episodes) ...One thing i did notice is, when the missing series were on there like the pic above there i had no problem clicking into them empty folders & just got the standard error when i clicked on the thumbs you do not have this ep. 

Edited by psmc

I have tried moving the entire folder too and the same thing happens old series are fine new ones get the above error ..Thanks for looking into it btw.

leedavies

Interesting.  If you have a season you have recently adjusted highlighted (not entered into) and hit CTRL-R to manually refresh the contents within it, then wait until the disk activity stops and it's finished. 

Do you still get the error afterwards?

leedavies

Hang on a minute.... you are clicking on a season or an episode you DON'T have saved locally and are getting this error?

Okay, this makes a lot more sense.  This doesn't have anything to do with playback as you are never getting that far.  I'm going to adjust the title of this topic.

Interesting.  If you have a season you have recently adjusted highlighted (not entered into) and hit CTRL-R to manually refresh the contents within it, then wait until the disk activity stops and it's finished. 

Do you still get the error afterwards? Yes.

527365d26196b_MBC.jpgI have them all locally.. disc E is inside the pc (sata connected) the drive is just called "backup" (main storage really) all are set as per instruction on page settings (edit:added pic)

Edited by psmc

leedavies

From your screenshot, you are getting the error when you navigate INTO the season folder?

And this is a season folder that DOES exist and for which you have ALL the episodes on-disk?

Can you be clear on exactly what the steps to get this error are.

just as the most recent pic points out ...the error is confined to the new episodes (recently added) 

From your screenshot, you are getting the error when you navigate INTO the season folder? YES, error only pops up on clicking the season folder & prevents me from going any further using Crystal until i close MB and open it again.

And this is a season folder that does exist and for which you have ALL the episodes on-disk? YES/ Standard HDD DISC inside..ALL EPISODES..NO as above pic shows i have a few episodes for each season as it's only just started again on tv ...they're being added daily ...this is only one series though...it applies to any folders in TV that have been modified in any way in crystal... (added posters,episodes,xml). I have tried the latest episodes added to confirm all is correct, using the Neo theme...removed reloaded & refreshed No issues at all... again the problem is confined to series, newly added or modified ...movies /boxsets etc all perform as they should, perfectly, using the Crystal theme ...just the tv eps :-/ 

I Tried that earlier but as i had the trial the day it came out first on MB2.62 i'd have to buy it or can you swap them over somehow ? 

Also today i have taken the folders apart folder by folder removed all contents to repopulate, tried it under different names put the videos through a new convertor just about everything i can think of and yet the same issue & again everything under an old plugin is fine...the only thing untested is as u say ROC.

• Like 1

Ok @leedavis this is interesting ...I had ticked the box in the desktop app for creating a snapshot from the episodes from the start. Just now I unticked the box and refreshed the folder ...heres what happens 

1 .The new series i have been adding (above), the folder contents no longer populate with metadata or posters 

2. coverart fails to treat tv folder

3.I can now enter all affected folders. 

4.the file can now be played ! :huh: 52754d1307d1e_MB31.jpg52754d6454b3d_mb32.jpg52754da341959_mb33.jpg52754ddfb7780_mb34.jpg

...I had ticked the box in the desktop app for creating a snapshot from the episodes from the start.

What is that?

AS Soon as the folder repopulated with xml & images from the net ...same issue is back ...again confined to Crystal.BAck to square 1

Edited by psmc

OK So i refreshed the folder without this option on and got the coverart back working and the folder art back also (This is without the above option on ) but when I went to click back into the season the error returned 

So that cant be it either i guess

Edited by psmc

here is a pic of the series working as it should in neo after all the changes today and the option to screengrab ticked again with fresh images52755a26b03ac_MB36.jpg

Edited by psmc

leedavies

I Tried that earlier but as i had the trial the day it came out first on MB2.62 i'd have to buy it or can you swap them over somehow ? 

Also today i have taken the folders apart folder by folder removed all contents to repopulate, tried it under different names put the videos through a new convertor just about everything i can think of and yet the same issue & again everything under an old plugin is fine...the only thing untested is as u say ROC.

PM me your MB3 supporter key and I'll sort you a ROC licence so you can test whether ROC behaves properly and if it's just a Crystal issue.  :-)