#41 aziz OFFLINE  

aziz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Local time: 05:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

Hi @Spaceboy.

I understand you have gamebrowser working with Emby Classic on the latest version of the server and I was hoping you can help me fix mine.... I am using Windows game platform.

So, I have rebuilt the server from scratch, and started by installing server ver.3.5.3.0, and built all libraries including game library, and everything worked beautifully using the latest release of Emby Classic and game browser plugging on client. On the server, I think game browser was ver 3.1.3. Everything worked as it suppose to....

Then I upgraded the server to ver 4.1.1.0, which upgraded all pluggins including gamebrowser on server. This broken the gamebrowser. When I hit play on any game, it comes back with error "UNKNOWN ERROR An unknown error prevented this game from launching"

Then I upgraded to server 4.3.1.0, and pretty much the same happened. So pluggins got upgraded including gamebrowser, and the same error shows when I try to launch a game.

I have noticed it added another layer to the menus which might be my problem. I mean, on server 3.5.3.0, you open games tab, then you get list of games, then you open a game, and you get the option to play.... in the new server, a new layer gets introduced, so it is game menus, the list of games, then selected game by itself, then I get the hit play page...

Do you think it could be my setup, or no one has got this working?
Thanks

#42 Spaceboy ONLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4776 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

Hi @Spaceboy.

I understand you have gamebrowser working with Emby Classic on the latest version of the server and I was hoping you can help me fix mine.... I am using Windows game platform.

So, I have rebuilt the server from scratch, and started by installing server ver.3.5.3.0, and built all libraries including game library, and everything worked beautifully using the latest release of Emby Classic and game browser plugging on client. On the server, I think game browser was ver 3.1.3. Everything worked as it suppose to....

Then I upgraded the server to ver 4.1.1.0, which upgraded all pluggins including gamebrowser on server. This broken the gamebrowser. When I hit play on any game, it comes back with error "UNKNOWN ERROR An unknown error prevented this game from launching"

Then I upgraded to server 4.3.1.0, and pretty much the same happened. So pluggins got upgraded including gamebrowser, and the same error shows when I try to launch a game.

I have noticed it added another layer to the menus which might be my problem. I mean, on server 3.5.3.0, you open games tab, then you get list of games, then you open a game, and you get the option to play.... in the new server, a new layer gets introduced, so it is game menus, the list of games, then selected game by itself, then I get the hit play page...

Do you think it could be my setup, or no one has got this working?
Thanks

sorry, I’m using it with emby theatre...

#43 aziz OFFLINE  

aziz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Local time: 05:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:15 PM

Hi Spaceboy,

Thanks for your response.... I am in the process of evaluating Emby Theatre and I have a question. How do you add single songs from different albums I to the now playing que (not playlist) using a remote... I think it is possible to do using right mouse button, correct?

With regards to gamebrowser......
Is there anyone out there using gamebrowser with Emby Classic?

#44 Cthalpa OFFLINE  

Cthalpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 PM
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 March 2020 - 04:03 AM

Does the plugin even work with Linux server at all?

#45 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts
  • Local time: 09:10 AM

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:16 AM

Does the plugin even work with Linux server at all?

Yes it does.

#46 TotalInsanity4 OFFLINE  

TotalInsanity4

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 08:10 AM

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:32 PM

Are there plans to add Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS console options to Gamebrowser in the future?

Also, why is it that there isn't any internet metadata support in the plugin? I know it was brought up earlier (and I'd be perfectly happy to read up on the reason if pointed in the right direction), but I find the specific lack of support within this plugin odd when other libraries can pull metadata from plugins written for sites like TVDB and TMDB. Is it just that there hasn't been a GamesDB plugin written yet?

Granted, automatic metadata isn't a huge deal, I'm perfectly capable of manually filling in everything  :P  The first thing is more pressing, though, I can't manually edit or insert console names

Edit: Now that I'm looking at the GitHub page, why have the two outstanding PRs not been merged? Especially cwarren-qc's, that one appears to resolve quite a few issues with regards to metadata scraping

Edited by TotalInsanity4, 09 April 2020 - 11:01 PM.

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:54 AM

Also, why is it that there isn't any internet metadata support in the plugin?

What options are there besides GamesDb?

Is it just that there hasn't been a GamesDB plugin written yet?

We used to have Gamesdb but the load we were sending at them was too high. They want developers to mirror their data and host on their own server so for us it's just a bit more of a process now.

#48 TotalInsanity4 OFFLINE  

TotalInsanity4

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:03 PM

What options are there besides GamesDb?

You could try the Internet Games Database for general stuff (https://api.igdb.com/). There's also GameTDB (https://www.gametdb.com/) which supports all reasonably modern Nintendo consoles (and PS3). Don't know if there's an "official" API for GameTDB, but it's how all of the Wii ROM managers back in the day got their metadata. There's a contact page and it looks like Cyan (lead developer for USBLoaderGX on the Wii) is still contributing, so I'd be willing to bet someone would be willing to help with GameBrowser integration if you reached out.

We used to have Gamesdb but the load we were sending at them was too high. They want developers to mirror their data and host on their own server so for us it's just a bit more of a process now.

Ah, that's a shame  :unsure: I can certainly understand that, though.

I do appreciate your responses, by the way. I guess that just leaves one hanging question; are there any plans to update the resolvers list to support more common file extensions and game systems?

#49 jachin99 OFFLINE  

jachin99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:08 PM

@Luke if you want to look into other options then I believe I also have used Emu Movies in Emby in the Past.  There is also screen scraper.  I know other devlopers purposely limit or slow the API calls to these databases at times to keep them from overloading.  

#50 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:36 PM

Regarding the resolved, it sounds like you're knowledgeable about it. Do you want to submit a pull request for it?

#51 TotalInsanity4 OFFLINE  

TotalInsanity4

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:50 PM

Regarding the resolved, it sounds like you're knowledgeable about it. Do you want to submit a pull request for it?

I could, but my coding skills are fairly novice. I can certainly add in the missing file extensions (although there is already a hanging PR that would accomplish that), but I'm not certain I could add missing game systems, because those get referenced throughout other portions of the code, right?

Edit: Specifically, this is the PR I was referring to - https://github.com/M...eBrowser/pull/5

Edit2: Are the only portions of code relevant to adding game systems "Resolvers/GameResolver.cs" and "Configuration/configPage.html"? Because I might be able to handle that, actually.

Edit3: I'm sifting through the code on Github and it would take me a while to wrap my head around everything that would need to be changed just to add a game system. I might try to chip away at it later, but it would be really nice if someone more knowledgeable of how the plugin is built could look into it in the meantime

Edited by TotalInsanity4, 12 April 2020 - 07:10 PM.

• Spaceboy likes this

#52 DraGooN- OFFLINE  

DraGooN-

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:57 PM

EMBY THEATER USAGE

NOTE: Each argument needs to be on its own line, so for instance for SNES/zsnes, -m and {path} should be on 2 seperate lines. Like so:

-m
{path}

Atari               > Stella                    > {PATH}
Nintendo 64         > Project64                 > [PATH]
Nintendo DS         > DeSmuME                   > {PATH}
Nintendo Gamecube   > Dolphin                   > --execute={PATH}
Nintendo GBA        > VisualBoyAdvance          > {PATH}
Nintendo NES        > VirtuaNES                 > {PATH}
                    > NEStopia                  > {PATH}
Nintendo SNES       > ZSNES                     > -m {PATH}
                    > snes9x                    > {PATH}
Nintendo Wii        > Dolphin                   > --execute={PATH}
Nintendo Wii U      > Cemu                      > --rom {PATH}
Sega Genesis        > Fusion                    > -fullscreen {PATH}
Sega Dreamcast      > NullDC                    > -config ImageReader:DefaultImage={PATH}
Sega Saturn         > Yabause                   > -a -f -i {PATH}
Sony PS1            > ePSXe                     > -nogui -loadbin {PATH}
Sony PS2            > PCSX2                     > --nogui --fullscreen {PATH}
Sony PSP            > PPSSPP                    > {PATH}

Just to confirm the Project64 argument for Emby Theater should be {PATH} like the others. I believe [PATH] is just a typo.

Hopefully this will help someone - or at least remind me next time i'm setting it emby up  :)

#53 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

That's great info, thanks!

#54 mattirawks OFFLINE  

mattirawks

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:48 AM

What is the correct command line for 'Demul' Sega Dreamcast?

I read somewhere that -run=dc image={path} works, but all it does is open Demul and doesn't launch the game .....

#55 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:47 PM

What is the correct command line for 'Demul' Sega Dreamcast?

I read somewhere that -run=dc image={path} works, but all it does is open Demul and doesn't launch the game .....

@shaefurr may know.

#56 shaefurr OFFLINE  

shaefurr

Freelance Photoshop Designer

• Super Testers
  • 2205 posts
  • Local time: 07:10 AM
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

@shaefurr may know.

Try this, open Demul and go into the emulator settings, under Default command-line parameters, add -run=dc image=

then try sending just {path} from emby.

#57 shaefurr OFFLINE  

shaefurr

Freelance Photoshop Designer

• Super Testers
  • 2205 posts
  • Local time: 07:10 AM
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

sorry double posted

Edited by shaefurr, 03 May 2020 - 01:40 PM.

#58 mattirawks OFFLINE  

mattirawks

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:03 AM

Try this, open Demul and go into the emulator settings, under Default command-line parameters, add -run=dc image=

then try sending just {path} from emby.

Demul doesn't appear to have the settings for default command lines?

#59 Arturito OFFLINE  

Arturito

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 09:40 AM

Posted 27 May 2020 - 04:08 PM

I could, but my coding skills are fairly novice. I can certainly add in the missing file extensions (although there is already a hanging PR that would accomplish that), but I'm not certain I could add missing game systems, because those get referenced throughout other portions of the code, right?

Edit: Specifically, this is the PR I was referring to - https://github.com/M...eBrowser/pull/5

Edit2: Are the only portions of code relevant to adding game systems "Resolvers/GameResolver.cs" and "Configuration/configPage.html"? Because I might be able to handle that, actually.

Edit3: I'm sifting through the code on Github and it would take me a while to wrap my head around everything that would need to be changed just to add a game system. I might try to chip away at it later, but it would be really nice if someone more knowledgeable of how the plugin is built could look into it in the meantime

Hey @TotalInsanity4, have you figured it out yet? cuz i think me and you we are in the same position, i've managed to work through the code knowing like 1% of c# and got pretty good results like supporting more extensions to te plataform adding others like switch and 3ds, but the real challenge was to add x360 and ps3 games, cuz mine are all extracted from iso's so i did some rules when searching files for this plataform, for x360 if the extension is .xex it compare strings of the found .xex file and only add it if it match string with "default.xex", same for PS3 if the string is .BIN, it has to match file name of "EBOOT.BIN" that is the executable of PS3, otherwise my library gets full of game files with extension .bin and .xex
If someone would like the .dll file for the modified plugin to see if it works for you guys i'll be attaching here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wiki, guide, gamebrowser, games, emulator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users