Gamebrowser Guide

shaefurr

TotalInsanity4

Regarding the resolved, it sounds like you're knowledgeable about it. Do you want to submit a pull request for it?

I could, but my coding skills are fairly novice. I can certainly add in the missing file extensions (although there is already a hanging PR that would accomplish that), but I'm not certain I could add missing game systems, because those get referenced throughout other portions of the code, right?

Edit: Specifically, this is the PR I was referring to - https://github.com/MediaBrowser/GameBrowser/pull/5

Edit2: Are the only portions of code relevant to adding game systems "Resolvers/GameResolver.cs" and "Configuration/configPage.html"? Because I might be able to handle that, actually.

Edit3: I'm sifting through the code on Github and it would take me a while to wrap my head around everything that would need to be changed just to add a game system. I might try to chip away at it later, but it would be really nice if someone more knowledgeable of how the plugin is built could look into it in the meantime

Edited by TotalInsanity4
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
DraGooN-

EMBY THEATER USAGE

NOTE: Each argument needs to be on its own line, so for instance for SNES/zsnes, -m and {path} should be on 2 seperate lines. Like so:

-m
{path}

Atari               > Stella                    > {PATH}
Nintendo 64         > Project64                 > [PATH]
Nintendo DS         > DeSmuME                   > {PATH}
Nintendo Gamecube   > Dolphin                   > --execute={PATH}
Nintendo GBA        > VisualBoyAdvance          > {PATH}
Nintendo NES        > VirtuaNES                 > {PATH}
                    > NEStopia                  > {PATH}
Nintendo SNES       > ZSNES                     > -m {PATH}
                    > snes9x                    > {PATH}
Nintendo Wii        > Dolphin                   > --execute={PATH}
Nintendo Wii U      > Cemu                      > --rom {PATH}
Sega Genesis        > Fusion                    > -fullscreen {PATH}
Sega Dreamcast      > NullDC                    > -config ImageReader:DefaultImage={PATH}
Sega Saturn         > Yabause                   > -a -f -i {PATH}
Sony PS1            > ePSXe                     > -nogui -loadbin {PATH}
Sony PS2            > PCSX2                     > --nogui --fullscreen {PATH}
Sony PSP            > PPSSPP                    > {PATH}

Just to confirm the Project64 argument for Emby Theater should be {PATH} like the others. I believe [PATH] is just a typo.

Hopefully this will help someone - or at least remind me next time i'm setting it emby up  :)

mattirawks

What is the correct command line for 'Demul' Sega Dreamcast?

I read somewhere that -run=dc image={path} works, but all it does is open Demul and doesn't launch the game .....

What is the correct command line for 'Demul' Sega Dreamcast?

I read somewhere that -run=dc image={path} works, but all it does is open Demul and doesn't launch the game .....

@@shaefurr may know.

shaefurr

@@shaefurr may know.

Try this, open Demul and go into the emulator settings, under Default command-line parameters, add -run=dc image=

then try sending just {path} from emby.

shaefurr

sorry double posted

Edited by shaefurr

mattirawks

Try this, open Demul and go into the emulator settings, under Default command-line parameters, add -run=dc image=

then try sending just {path} from emby.

Demul doesn't appear to have the settings for default command lines?

• 4 weeks later...
Arturito

I could, but my coding skills are fairly novice. I can certainly add in the missing file extensions (although there is already a hanging PR that would accomplish that), but I'm not certain I could add missing game systems, because those get referenced throughout other portions of the code, right?

Edit: Specifically, this is the PR I was referring to - https://github.com/MediaBrowser/GameBrowser/pull/5

Edit2: Are the only portions of code relevant to adding game systems "Resolvers/GameResolver.cs" and "Configuration/configPage.html"? Because I might be able to handle that, actually.

Edit3: I'm sifting through the code on Github and it would take me a while to wrap my head around everything that would need to be changed just to add a game system. I might try to chip away at it later, but it would be really nice if someone more knowledgeable of how the plugin is built could look into it in the meantime

Hey @@TotalInsanity4, have you figured it out yet? cuz i think me and you we are in the same position, i've managed to work through the code knowing like 1% of c# and got pretty good results like supporting more extensions to te plataform adding others like switch and 3ds, but the real challenge was to add x360 and ps3 games, cuz mine are all extracted from iso's so i did some rules when searching files for this plataform, for x360 if the extension is .xex it compare strings of the found .xex file and only add it if it match string with "default.xex", same for PS3 if the string is .BIN, it has to match file name of "EBOOT.BIN" that is the executable of PS3, otherwise my library gets full of game files with extension .bin and .xex
If someone would like the .dll file for the modified plugin to see if it works for you guys i'll be attaching here.

• 5 weeks later...
MainMonkey

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

I noticed that the plugin is downloading all the artwork but it isn't show when i browse my games in Emby.

Is there something extra i have to do? I have it set so that artwork is marked as hidden could that be the problem?

I just want my media system to look as nice as possible.

P.S.

Never mind I figured it out. I had to change the layout type to diskart. sorry for your time.

Edited by MainMonkey

On 6/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, MainMonkey said:

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

I noticed that the plugin is downloading all the artwork but it isn't show when i browse my games in Emby.

Is there something extra i have to do? I have it set so that artwork is marked as hidden could that be the problem?

I just want my media system to look as nice as possible.

P.S.

Never mind I figured it out. I had to change the layout type to diskart. sorry for your time.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
allen00se

So is there a secret to getting the library scans to work for games right now? I have a library with content set to games. the folder is pointing to Z:\Games\Nintendo, inside Nintendo I have individual folders with the name of the game, in each game folder I have gamename.nes
Z:>Games>Nintendo>DRMario>DRMario.nes
I run a library scan and still no games show up in emby, also no metadata files (.xml, .jpg) etc populate inside the folder. 

Am I supposed to hand create some XML files or something? 

TIA,

Krys

On 7/23/2020 at 5:41 PM, allen00se said:

So is there a secret to getting the library scans to work for games right now? I have a library with content set to games. the folder is pointing to Z:\Games\Nintendo, inside Nintendo I have individual folders with the name of the game, in each game folder I have gamename.nes
I run a library scan and still no games show up in emby, also no metadata files (.xml, .jpg) etc populate inside the folder. 

TIA,

Krys

The library should be pointing to Z:\Games

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 5:41 PM, allen00se said:

TIA,

Krys

i have the same problem, did you ever get the metadata populate? , my games just show up as folder

Edited by mata7

13 hours ago, mata7 said:

i have the same problem, did you ever get the metadata populate? , my games just show up as folder

What metadata are you referring to?

i add my ISO games and create a Games library , then use the gamebrowser plugin but im no getting any poster or backdrop for the games i have, my library structure is Games/ Microsoft Xbox One/Battlefield V , inside Battlefield V folder is ISO, also on the emby web gui the game library, system, games and genres is empty only folder shows my games iso

i know my english is really bad hope you can understand what i mean

Edited by mata7

5 hours ago, mata7 said:

i add my ISO games and create a Games library , then use the gamebrowser plugin but im no getting any poster or backdrop for the games i have, my library structure is Games/ Microsoft Xbox One/Battlefield V , inside Battlefield V folder is ISO, also on the emby web gui the game library, system, games and genres is empty only folder shows my games iso

i know my english is really bad hope you can understand what i mean

Have you added these images into your game folders? There is currently no internet metadata support.

you mean inside of the root  games folder and not sub folders?, but if there’s no metadata support that explains why im not getting the artwork 

Edited by mata7

No internet metadata support but you can add your own images. You can name them just as you would for movies.

rendermandan

Does this plugin work for games that are not using an emulator?   I have Emby Theater and Server running on my gaming pc and have some PC games I'd like to be able to start from the Emby interface.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, rendermandan said:

Does this plugin work for games that are not using an emulator?   I have Emby Theater and Server running on my gaming pc and have some PC games I'd like to be able to start from the Emby interface.

Thanks!

You can setup an external player which may or may not be an emulator. It could be any kind of application that you launch. However, it is currently limited to setting it up per console (PC), not per game. So that might make it hard to customize it for each individual PC game.

Psythology

Hello, i'm having trouble setting up the PS1, i have followed the entire guide, for file structure, line parameters the games don't show if there .bin but they show for .cue i press play in Emby Theater and they don't start, the screen just flashes for a second.

Just flashes.png

Emulator Structure.png

Bios.png

Parameters.png

Folder Structure.png

Arturito
On 8/20/2020 at 2:41 PM, rendermandan said:

Thanks!

You could make an autohotkey script for each PC game that you have with an extension that emby recognizes like .gbwin and once that script is configured to open the game executable you could then setup autohotkey as an external player for "Windows", so far is the best option for pc games.