Gamebrowser Guide

shaefurr

TelemonianAjax

That documentation pertains to the downloaded desktop version of Emby Theater:

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I use Emby primarily on an Nvidia Shield streamer running Android.  Emby Theater is only for PC.  Does this mean I cannot use Emby and Gamebrowser to launch games on the Android platform?

I use Emby primarily on an Nvidia Shield streamer running Android.  Emby Theater is only for PC.  Does this mean I cannot use Emby and Gamebrowser to launch games on the Android platform?

Correct.  Launching games on the Shield is not currently supported.

Thanks.

Tony Wild Card

Correct.  Launching games on the Shield is not currently supported.

Thanks.

Is there a full guide to setup Gamebrowser, been trying these couple of days to get it to work on a Windows 7 PC, that streams to clients

Tony Wild Card

Hi, what problem are you having?

I'm at the stage of trying to get Emby Theater launching games, but when PCSX2 start, it says the CDVD failed to open

I haven't done the Command line arguements, as it confuses me, plus does the games need to be ISO's or is bin files ok?

Edited by Tony Wild Card

Tony Wild Card

The command line arguments are important so you can't skip that.

Alrighty, could you give me some examples how it should look like?. From there I should be able to make sense of my setup needs :)

Have you researched the command line that PCSX2 requires? That's the part you'll need to handle. Emby Theater gives you the ability to launch an external program, but it doesn't know anything about the program that you're launching, so you have to fill in those details.

Hi,

I try to run N64 Rom on Windows 10 with the downloaded Emby Theater.

I use Project64 v2.32.202 (latest).

I followed the guide and input:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64\Project64.exe (as Player Path)

and

"E:\Games\Roms\N64"

also tried:

E:\Games\Roms\N64

and

"{rom}"

for the command line argument

I got an empty error windows with just an "ok" button

I did something wrong?

Thank you

Edited by xsteacy

Hi,

I try to run N64 Rom on Windows 10 with the downloaded Emby Theater.

I use Project64 v2.32.202 (latest).

I followed the guide and input:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64\Project64.exe (as Player Path)

and

"E:\Games\Roms\N64"

also tried:

E:\Games\Roms\N64

and

"{rom}"

for the command line argument

I got an empty error windows with just an "ok" button

I did something wrong?

Thank you

Hi there, did you research the command line that Project64 requires?

Hi there, did you research the command line that Project64 requires?

Yeah it's supposed to be:

Project64.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

So for my version it's supposed to be:

Project64.exe "E:\Games\Roms\N64\{rom}"

I tried countless of options and I always see that stupid error box.

What do you actually have in the config screen now?

5e3f342636218_Capture.jpg

That's the last of the 100 I tried :P

Edited by xsteacy

• 1 month later...

Hi @@Spaceboy.

I understand you have gamebrowser working with Emby Classic on the latest version of the server and I was hoping you can help me fix mine.... I am using Windows game platform.

So, I have rebuilt the server from scratch, and started by installing server ver.3.5.3.0, and built all libraries including game library, and everything worked beautifully using the latest release of Emby Classic and game browser plugging on client. On the server, I think game browser was ver 3.1.3. Everything worked as it suppose to....

Then I upgraded the server to ver 4.1.1.0, which upgraded all pluggins including gamebrowser on server. This broken the gamebrowser. When I hit play on any game, it comes back with error "UNKNOWN ERROR An unknown error prevented this game from launching"

Then I upgraded to server 4.3.1.0, and pretty much the same happened. So pluggins got upgraded including gamebrowser, and the same error shows when I try to launch a game.

I have noticed it added another layer to the menus which might be my problem. I mean, on server 3.5.3.0, you open games tab, then you get list of games, then you open a game, and you get the option to play.... in the new server, a new layer gets introduced, so it is game menus, the list of games, then selected game by itself, then I get the hit play page...

Do you think it could be my setup, or no one has got this working?

Thanks

Spaceboy

Hi @@Spaceboy.

I understand you have gamebrowser working with Emby Classic on the latest version of the server and I was hoping you can help me fix mine.... I am using Windows game platform.

So, I have rebuilt the server from scratch, and started by installing server ver.3.5.3.0, and built all libraries including game library, and everything worked beautifully using the latest release of Emby Classic and game browser plugging on client. On the server, I think game browser was ver 3.1.3. Everything worked as it suppose to....

Then I upgraded the server to ver 4.1.1.0, which upgraded all pluggins including gamebrowser on server. This broken the gamebrowser. When I hit play on any game, it comes back with error "UNKNOWN ERROR An unknown error prevented this game from launching"

Then I upgraded to server 4.3.1.0, and pretty much the same happened. So pluggins got upgraded including gamebrowser, and the same error shows when I try to launch a game.

I have noticed it added another layer to the menus which might be my problem. I mean, on server 3.5.3.0, you open games tab, then you get list of games, then you open a game, and you get the option to play.... in the new server, a new layer gets introduced, so it is game menus, the list of games, then selected game by itself, then I get the hit play page...

Do you think it could be my setup, or no one has got this working?

Thanks

sorry, I’m using it with emby theatre...

Hi Spaceboy,

Thanks for your response.... I am in the process of evaluating Emby Theatre and I have a question. How do you add single songs from different albums I to the now playing que (not playlist) using a remote... I think it is possible to do using right mouse button, correct?

With regards to gamebrowser......

Is there anyone out there using gamebrowser with Emby Classic?

• 4 weeks later...
TotalInsanity4

Are there plans to add Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS console options to Gamebrowser in the future?

Also, why is it that there isn't any internet metadata support in the plugin? I know it was brought up earlier (and I'd be perfectly happy to read up on the reason if pointed in the right direction), but I find the specific lack of support within this plugin odd when other libraries can pull metadata from plugins written for sites like TVDB and TMDB. Is it just that there hasn't been a GamesDB plugin written yet?

Granted, automatic metadata isn't a huge deal, I'm perfectly capable of manually filling in everything  :P  The first thing is more pressing, though, I can't manually edit or insert console names

Edit: Now that I'm looking at the GitHub page, why have the two outstanding PRs not been merged? Especially cwarren-qc's, that one appears to resolve quite a few issues with regards to metadata scraping

Edited by TotalInsanity4

Also, why is it that there isn't any internet metadata support in the plugin?

What options are there besides GamesDb?

Is it just that there hasn't been a GamesDB plugin written yet?

We used to have Gamesdb but the load we were sending at them was too high. They want developers to mirror their data and host on their own server so for us it's just a bit more of a process now.

TotalInsanity4

What options are there besides GamesDb?

You could try the Internet Games Database for general stuff (https://api.igdb.com/). There's also GameTDB (https://www.gametdb.com/) which supports all reasonably modern Nintendo consoles (and PS3). Don't know if there's an "official" API for GameTDB, but it's how all of the Wii ROM managers back in the day got their metadata. There's a contact page and it looks like Cyan (lead developer for USBLoaderGX on the Wii) is still contributing, so I'd be willing to bet someone would be willing to help with GameBrowser integration if you reached out.

We used to have Gamesdb but the load we were sending at them was too high. They want developers to mirror their data and host on their own server so for us it's just a bit more of a process now.

Ah, that's a shame  :unsure: I can certainly understand that, though.

I do appreciate your responses, by the way. I guess that just leaves one hanging question; are there any plans to update the resolvers list to support more common file extensions and game systems?

jachin99

@@Luke if you want to look into other options then I believe I also have used Emu Movies in Emby in the Past.  There is also screen scraper.  I know other devlopers purposely limit or slow the API calls to these databases at times to keep them from overloading.  

Regarding the resolved, it sounds like you're knowledgeable about it. Do you want to submit a pull request for it?