(Android) Remote Control for Media Browser

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

For MB Classic in first instance, but also considering MBT..

My MCE Remote died...ive tried a few android apps but none of them fully emulate the functions of the mce remote..

what are the best andriod mce remotes?

ive found one that allows custom commands to be sent.

Anyone know where the full set of commands are listed to switch subtitles on and off and other fancy functions for MB Classic and MBT?

ginjaninja

thanks for advice...so how do i use a keyboard to turn subtitles on and off..?

where can i find all the keyboard commands for MB Classic and MBT please?

CashMoney

MCE Remote Plus

It works with DirectVobsub and FFDShow. Personally I use DirectVobsub. Then I bind the Subs on/off key to "S" in MCE Remote Plus.

With Unified Remote on my tablet/phone, I can then control WMC/MBC, and if I want to control the subs, there is a link on that remote to pull up the keyboard to press S. Everything is done within Unified Remote.* You can bind other sub functions to other keys as well.

The only issue with this setup that I've personally found is that MCE Remote Plus seems to lose focus or connection or something after my machine has gone to sleep. I solved that like this.

It's convoluted and involves a bit of third party software, but once it's set up it works really well. Everyone in my house has Unified Remote on their Android device, so whoever gets to their phone first controls the TV, plus they can control their own PC's with the mouse and keyboard functions, although they too have MBC installed on their own PC's as well. My son uses Unified Remote with Winamp for his music and my daughter uses it for Youtube as well. It also has basic media controls for things like Media Player Classic. I also believe somewhere in these forums someone wrote/created a specific Unified Remote for MBT. I don't use MBT as yet so I could be wrong on that, but almost sure I remember seeing a thread about it somewhere here.

Anyway, all the software is free, so worth a try :)

HTH

*Just realised I made it sound like I use a separate keyboard for sub control in my previous post, I meant the keyboard function of Unified Remote :)

ginjaninja

i dont use any 3rd party stuff..im using vanilla internal players...can these control subtitles?

CashMoney

i dont use any 3rd party stuff..im using vanilla internal players...can these control subtitles?

You mean clients, as in MBC and MBT, not using external players? MBT, no idea, but MBC afaik needs a 3rd party app to control the subs remotely. I don't believe there is a way to install MBC alone and have it control subs; I think it's more of a WMC limitation than MBC.