Emby FILM CLUB

Cheesegeezer

10 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yeah I’m looking forward to it. The critics are such nobs now, they completely degrade anything these days, like they are some sort of experts but they really don’t understand the purpose of a movie!

Screenshot_20221226-133125.png.16fcfd770a2a51adf288105efec7c6ce.png

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
10 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yeah I’m looking forward to it. The critics are such nobs now, they completely degrade anything these days, like they are some sort of experts but they really don’t understand the purpose of a movie!

Yeah for sure, I trust the comment's on this thread more than the so called critic rating/review. ;)

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
bonaminGR

good day ! 

So, as for Avatar - The Way of the Water, even though I have a quite good Home Theater setup, I had to go see it in a cinema. 

Without spoiling anything, I'd say the movie is worth watching and obviously paying to watch it. 
The main story, and plot, isn't something you've never experienced before, but the Visual, and Audio effects, are next to perfect.

The film, is PURE EYECANDY !

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, bonaminGR said:

The film, is PURE EYECANDY !

Especially in 3D and I don't like 3D.

I've seen it both 3D and not now.

• Agree 1

bonaminGR
On 20/01/2023 at 16:41, ebr said:

Especially in 3D and I don't like 3D.

I've seen it both 3D and not now.

Sadly, I couldn't see the 3D version because it was played on a small screen in my local theater. 
Less people actually view 3D movies (at least here) so the Theater moves the 3D version of the movie, on a smaller room with a smaller screen. 

So I guess, I went for the larger format. :D 

Junglejim
On 25/01/2023 at 03:10, bonaminGR said:

Sadly, I couldn't see the 3D version because it was played on a small screen in my local theater. 
Less people actually view 3D movies (at least here) so the Theater moves the 3D version of the movie, on a smaller room with a smaller screen. 

So I guess, I went for the larger format. :D 

Yeah, not a fan of 3D myself. I would of opted for the same. ;) 

I watched it on the big screen (went for V-MAX).. nice seats/elbow room .. :) , I enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Yeah, not a fan of 3D myself

I'm not either but this movie is actually better in 3D.

Junglejim
On 28/01/2023 at 01:43, ebr said:

I'm not either but this movie is actually better in 3D.

Yea I can understand that but I've already watched it at the cinema (non 3D). I just can't justify going back to re-watch in 3D.

Probably should have gone with 3D to start with, but as I said I don't usually like that format. Never mind, I enjoyed the standard version anyway. ;)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
mikey63

Great idea for a thread ! of course, everything will be subjective, but keep it going!

I agreed with the thoughts on Way of Water, however being an old fart, I still preferred the newness and wonder of the original. The sequel did an amazing job without a doubt, but what a budget ! I thought that a fair few arcs were just carried into the new movie, but because the visuals were so impressive it didn't matter too much! 

I'm a fan of mind bender films, including surreal. Ones that have you still thinking about them years later. "The Endless" and "Enter the void" are two that spring to mind. Slow burns that at first seem to be meandering, but as they progress the burn gets hotter. They're not mainstream, but I'd recommend them if you're a fan of this kind of movie.

The Endless (2017) - IMDb (9/10)

Enter the Void (2009) - IMDb (9/10)

Edited by mikey63