Emby FILM CLUB

Cheesegeezer

8 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Just watched the movie Prey.  I would say it may even be better than the first Predator movie.

To my view, still the first one stand out, and yes, good idea that flower that cool the blood down.

• Like 2

chef
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Just watched the movie Prey.  I would say it may even be better than the first Predator movie.  Oh, and if you've seen all the rest of the movies there are nods to all of them.  I liked the one of the pistol from Predator 2.

Did ya catch the pistol throw back to Predator 2?

Also, if you watch the end credits, they re-tells the story of the movie, but at the end... More Predator ships appear in the sky! 

Loved that movie! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Junglejim

Bullet Train, watched this at the cinema. Great action/comedy, loved it! 👍 8🌠

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 2

FrostByte
On 8/13/2022 at 10:58 PM, chef said:

Did ya catch the pistol throw back to Predator 2?

Also, if you watch the end credits, they re-tells the story of the movie, but at the end... More Predator ships appear in the sky! 

Loved that movie! 

I did.  I missed a couple of the other nods though which I just read about.   I'll have to rewatch the credits.  

Now I need another movie to find out how the Predators got the pistol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Diedrich
On 8/14/2022 at 2:47 AM, Junglejim said:

Interesting. The trailer felt very bland and boring. It seemed as though they gave the entire story in the 2 minute cuts. I've yet to watch it and hadn't planned to.

adamstewiegreen
On 8/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, Junglejim said:

My wife asked "where's Sandra Bullock" 3/4 the way through the movie.  "I thought this was going to be more like Speed", she said. 

I loved it, she didn't.

• Like 1

Junglejim
On 31/08/2022 at 19:09, adamstewiegreen said:

My wife asked "where's Sandra Bullock" 3/4 the way through the movie.  "I thought this was going to be more like Speed", she said. 

I loved it, she didn't.

:) Yea, this is a fun ride with a tub of popcorn.

Junglejim
8 minutes ago, Eduardo1319 said:

embyserver.txtem

Bueno, ya que todos usamos Media Browser para ver.... errrr... Películas con.

Pensé en iniciar un hilo, para que podamos decir algunas palabras sobre cualquier película reciente que haya visto y opinar sobre ellas, para que aquellos que se sientan indecisos con respecto a una película en particular puedan decidir que vale la pena intentarlo.

byserver.txt

👍 yea that's great, I have to translate but that's cool. thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...
adamstewiegreen

Father's Day was a couple weeks ago in Australia (yeah, us antipodeans have it on a different day) so we (re)watched 'Commando' with Arnie.  Just a great, fun popcorn flick.  Loved every second of it.

• Like 2

Junglejim
On 14/09/2022 at 10:54, adamstewiegreen said:

Father's Day was a couple weeks ago in Australia (yeah, us antipodeans have it on a different day) so we (re)watched 'Commando' with Arnie.  Just a great, fun popcorn flick.  Loved every second of it.

Yea this is a old classic, I remember watching this at my local drive in (good times). This is one of my fav Arnie movies along with Predator/The Terminator/Total Recall.

I remember this movie because my dad drove off with the speaker still in the side window. 😆

adamstewiegreen

Elvis - meh.  Really not at all into his music and this movie didn't convince me otherwise (by contrast, I appreciated E.J.'s music much more after Rocketman).  The other big issue is the massive gaps in Elvis' life because the film heavily focuses on big key events (like his time in Vegas, Elvis Christmas special) to the detriment of smaller events - or bigger ones (like the fact he had decade long movie career that was pretty much glossed over).  One reason you should watch the movie anyways:  The actor playing Elvis (Austin Butler) was phenomenal, cool to see he's in the next Dune... and Priscilla (Olivia DeJonge) did a really good job too...  in fact, perhaps surprisingly, I felt the weakest link was Hanks.

Vengeance - this darkly humorous movie was a pleasant surprise.  It has an interesting philosophical angle that one might articulate as something like, "truth is not always conveyed with facts".  A solid first outing for B.J. Novak, definitely recommended.

Bob's Burger Movie - It's like 4 episodes smashed into one.  I like BB, so I liked this.  If you don't like BB you probably won't like this.

Bad Guys - Watched this one with my kids (they like the books).  It's like a Q.T. movie meets an Oceans movie in a Pixar studio.  For a kids movie, I liked it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bandit. 

Oh man, gotta watch that movie, it's great!

It also took place a stone's throw from where I'm from.

Seeing all that old Canadian money in the film brought back some memories 😆

They nailed it. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

The wife and I were very impressed with the new Marvel short movie Wolf by Night.  Better done than some of the more recent ones shown at the theater I thought.  I read some of the backstory of the monster from the comics too which sort of ties it in with characters from the MCU.

• Like 2

Junglejim
On 12/10/2022 at 22:26, FrostByte said:

The wife and I were very impressed with the new Marvel short movie Wolf by Night.  Better done than some of the more recent ones shown at the theater I thought.  I read some of the backstory of the monster from the comics too which sort of ties it in with characters from the MCU.

Yea this is a great TV movie. The MCU has been milked over the years and still is... I thought this was a refreshing change though. ++

• Like 1

Junglejim
On 21/10/2022 at 09:31, chef said:

Whoa! Black Adam might be the best superhero movie this year! 

That was amazing 🤩

I'm looking forward to watching this. I'm don't mind "The Rock" he's made some good movies over the years. 👍

adamstewiegreen

It's Halloween soon so I watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.  At 102 years old it holds by a thread.  Other silent-era films (the kid, Nosferato, safety last) have aged much much better.  I think the surrealist aspects of the movie worked okay, but the horror aspect didn't deliver.

Emily the Criminal - there is an unforgivably large plot hole in this movie due to lazy writing.

Jerry & Marge Go Large - I really enjoyed this movie.  The best thing was it didn't use some contrived strife/argument between the husband and wife to create tension (which is a tired trope).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, adamstewiegreen said:

It's Halloween soon so I watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.  At 102 years old it holds by a thread.  Other silent-era films (the kid, Nosferato, safety last) have aged much much better.  I think the surrealist aspects of the movie worked okay, but the horror aspect didn't deliver.

Emily the Criminal - there is an unforgivably large plot hole in this movie due to lazy writing.

Jerry & Marge Go Large - I really enjoyed this movie.  The best thing was it didn't use some contrived strife/argument between the husband and wife to create tension (which is a tired trope).

Oh, what was the plot hole in Emily the criminal? 👍

• 2 weeks later...
adamstewiegreen
On 10/23/2022 at 2:31 PM, chef said:

Oh, what was the plot hole in Emily the criminal? 👍

Her sudden acquisition of CC details at the end with no plausible way for her to get them ... at least if she had picked up a phone or a laptop from Kahlil there would have been some plausible way, but all her connections to her very short time in the underworld are gone and she's in a completely different country.  They chose that ending because it made the character "cool" but they didn't set up for that ending.

adamstewiegreen

All Quiet of the Western Front - I generally do not watch Netflix movies but this one looked like it would be worth it, and it was! This is on par or perhaps even slightly better than 1917 (which was a great film).  While it was fantastic over all, for me it was the unusual (at least for the genre) musical score that really set it apart.  It gave the movie a real sense of dread. 

• Like 1

Junglejim
On 03/11/2022 at 14:28, adamstewiegreen said:

All Quiet of the Western Front - I generally do not watch Netflix movies but this one looked like it would be worth it, and it was! This is on par or perhaps even slightly better than 1917 (which was a great film).  While it was fantastic over all, for me it was the unusual (at least for the genre) musical score that really set it apart.  It gave the movie a real sense of dread. 

Yea the 1930's movie is a classic, I just added this to my Netfiix watchlist.👍

Edited by Junglejim

• 1 month later...
Cheesegeezer

i watched "Dangerous"  with Scott Eastwood and Mel Gibson and it was a pretty good movie i thought.  Easy Watching action movie.  

they just don't make Movies the way they used to.  Guess this is the new norm! 

• Thanks 1

Saw "The Way of Water" last night with my daughter.  I thought it was superior to the original (which I re-watched a few days ago) in just about every way.  The animations are insane - especially when they get to the underwater stuff.

• Thanks 2

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Saw "The Way of Water" last night with my daughter.  I thought it was superior to the original (which I re-watched a few days ago) in just about every way.  The animations are insane - especially when they get to the underwater stuff.

Yeah I’m looking forward to it. The critics are such nobs now, they completely degrade anything these days, like they are some sort of experts but they really don’t understand the purpose of a movie!

• Agree 2