Unaired episodes

Logos302

Logos302

With the new server build, a feature was added for unaired episodes which is great.  But I much prefer them to be in a collection like the old up&coming plug-in used to do.  Any chance this could be implemented.  I put it here but am unsure if it would be a MBC thing or a server thing.  

Yea notice how the web client has an upcoming episodes tab. The info is in the api so that it can be used in MBC. I'm not sure who would be needed, whether it's Ebr in the MBC core or a theme developer such as leedavies.

moviefan

Are you referring to all of the episodes you don't have that show in your collection?

It seems like all of my series seem to show all of the episodes that are in the series versus just showing the ones I have.

Is there a way to stop it from showing these episodes unless I actually have them?

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

There is a new version of MBC which gives you the option to hide missing and upcoming episode information.

• Like 1

moviefan

There is a new version of MBC which gives you the option to hide missing and upcoming episode information.

Where is this configuration option located?

The web client works normally and only shows the episodes I have without any further configuration.

Logos302

What version includes this as I'm on the beta build .78.

Where is this configuration option located?

The web client works normally and only shows the episodes I have without any further configuration.

Doesn't sound like you've updated your server or MBC yet.

What version includes this as I'm on the beta build .78.

.88 which was made available yesterday.

Are you referring to all of the episodes you don't have that show in your collection?

It seems like all of my series seem to show all of the episodes that are in the series versus just showing the ones I have.

Is there a way to stop it from showing these episodes unless I actually have them?

I'm having issue this too from this morning,but,I found the options to disable & I now have the two boxes unchecked & the option do not show empty boxes ticked but they're still showing up in mbc? How can i stop this ?

moviefan

Doesn't sound like you've updated your server or MBC yet.

I had updated my server already I just din't realize that the option was only shown from within MBC.  I was looking at MBC configurator to de-select it since I was RDPd into the computer at the time and can't open Media Center to this particular computer for some reason without crashing it.  i indeed see the option to unselect now that I've opened it up from the console...

527132e5cbc1b_option.png

• Like 1

mboehler

This is where the settings are in MBC.

527132ddba506_missing.jpg

EDIT: I see I posted this mere seconds after moviefan did. LOL

Edited by mboehler
  • Like 1

This is where the settings are in MBC.

527132ddba506_missing.jpg

EDIT: I see I posted this mere seconds after moviefan did. LOL

Ah there they are i was doing my nut in with the other two on the broswer Thank you ...1 problem down 1 to go :)

I try to limit the items that are necessary to use the configurator for but the basic rule is, if it is a per-user option, it will be inside the config page in MBC.  Only global items and things that are difficult to do in the WMC interface are in the configurator.

Also, we decided to have these show/hide options on a per-client basis.  The options are still in the dashboard because they govern what happens in the web client.

I don't see them anywhere in the dashboard.  I want to change them because now all the seasons I don't have show up on the Android client.  Can you point to where I can find this on the webclient?

It's a little different when you're using an app designed for all of these new features. Nice to be able to read about next week's episode without having to go to some other screen.

527198a56df5e_Untitled.png

• Like 1

mboehler

I don't see them anywhere in the dashboard.  I want to change them because now all the seasons I don't have show up on the Android client.  Can you point to where I can find this on the webclient?

I don't have the Android client (my phone is too old), but I would look for settings in the client itself (not in the web Dashboard).  If the settings are not in the Android client, then start a thread in the appropriate area asking for them to be added.

OK, I guess I misunderstood this "The options are still in the dashboard because they govern what happens in the web client"

Those options in the dashboard govern only the web client, not other clients, such as MB Classic, Android, Roku, etc...

Edited by mboehler

OK, thanks, I assumed the webclient had some global settings, but I guess not.  Anyway, I made the change in MBC and updated to the latest version of the Android Beta and it's successfully ignoring episodes I don't have.  Not sure if Redshirt updated the android to exclude them or MBC somehow controlled this, but end result is what I wanted anyway.  Thanks again.

seanbuff

...Nice to be able to read about next week's episode without having to go to some other screen.

I like this, but that makes it way too easy to inadvertently run into 'spoliers'  :o

Dunno how it would work, but perhaps Episode Description for Missing Eps should be hidden by default?

I like this, but that makes it way too easy to inadvertently run into 'spoliers'  :o

Dunno how it would work, but perhaps Episode Description for Missing Eps should be hidden by default?

I agree, this would be a good idea.  I only want to see that description after I have watched the last episode and I certainly don't want to see them two and three weeks in advance.  Seeing something like "The team tries to recover from J.J.'s untimely death..." when just browsing around would really suck.