sort music album by track order?

arztonyou

arztonyou

Hello,

I know the XBMB3C addon hasn't been developed fully for music, and I don't usually use it for music either.   But I recently tried the Aeon MQ5 skin and really liked it.  Unlike a couple other skins, there is no option to use the local XBMC library for music, so I decided to try out the addon for music.  Is there a setting somewhere to sort individual albums so the songs are ordered by track number?  I clicked "sort by" but there wasn't an option there.  Could this be easily added?  All I want is the ability to click on an album and have the songs appear in the usual order as on the CD. 

Thanks.

xnappo

I don't think this should be too hard - I marked it as approved - we will get around to it :)

Note that we are switching to XBMC native sorting (which is in the beta) - but sort by track isn't there yet either.

xnappo

arztonyou

Wow, that was fast!!!   :)   Thanks for the quick reply.  

I should have mentioned that I'm using the latest stable version of the addon.  I haven't tried installing the Beta Repo.

xnappo

Okay - yeah no need to mess with the beta - just letting you know that when it does get integrated the sorting will be with the 'normal' XBMC sort rather than the context menu (which is being removed).

xnappo

I added this on Github - so it should show up on a beta release fairly soon.  I am not going to push a new version just for this though.

arztonyou

Yeah, I could do that.  It'll be my first time doing any beta testing for anything, so let me know if you need anything more than the obvious "try it out and see how it works".

arztonyou

I installed the beta version 0.9.760 of the XBMB3C addon and used it to test my music folder within the standard Confluence skin.  

When I clicked on an album, the songs were listed in track order with the track number listed just before the name of the track.  

I was also able to use the XBMC "sort by" command to sort by name, duration, etc.  

If I hit play on a track, the selected track played and then playback stopped when that song was done.

If I used the context menu to select "play all from here", then playback did continue once the highlighted song was finished, but NOT in the sorted order shown in the list.  By comparison with the stable version of the addon on a different machine, it appears that the songs were played in the order in which they used to be shown before you added sorting to the beta version.

If you want any logs, just let me know which logs and what logging level you need.  And if you want me to test out any other particular functionality, just let me know.

xnappo

Thanks - I didn't test the 'Play All From Here' feature.

@@im85288 - I think we need to consolidate 'Play All From Here' with your new continue play code?

arztonyou

Okay, let me know if you want me to check anything else.  

Is it possible to check to see if the user has the "play the next song automatically" selected in the Music->Playback settings and then assume they would want to handle music  the same way in the addon?  Or perhaps you could add such a setting in the configuration menu of the addon.

Thanks again for working on this so quickly. I know you have a lot of other things on your plate as well, so I do appreciate it.

im85288

Thanks - I didn't test the 'Play All From Here' feature.

@@im85288 - I think we need to consolidate 'Play All From Here' with your new continue play code?

Yes agreed, I never used the "play all from here" functionality but it does seem to do something similar to the new continue play code (though that currently will only search for unplayed episodes in the same season and add them automatically to the playlist). As for this issue with the sorting order I have no idea what was effected. Perhaps the change to use local Kodi sorting over server side sorting played a part here.

xnappo

Yes agreed, I never used the "play all from here" functionality but it does seem to do something similar to the new continue play code (though that currently will only search for unplayed episodes in the same season and add them automatically to the playlist). As for this issue with the sorting order I have no idea what was effected. Perhaps the change to use local Kodi sorting over server side sorting played a part here.

Yeah - the track sorting was never right in music to begin with.  I will fix that part.  Note that 'Play All from Here' will always play in track order once fixed, regardless of client-side sorting.

xnappo

@@Luke - I can't seem to find the right server side sort for album tracks.  SortName seems to return a random order?

xnappo

[EDIT] Disregard :)

Edited by xnappo