NESBox/SNESBox

Luke

These two little plugins are available in the catalog now for GameBrowser users.

They will add play buttons to the web client for nintendo and super nintendo games. They will open up the games at either

http://nesbox.com/

or

http://snesbox.com/

Makes a great time waster. They even support 2-player over the internet. We should get a couple MB'ers to play a game of something against each other, and let us know who wins.

• Like 2

Makes a great time waster. They even support 2-player over the internet. We should get a couple MB'ers to play a game of something against each other, and let us know who wins.

We can do it here if you like :)

Sorry guys, I am at the moment doing some forum issue (uploading/download), maybe tomorrow when I am done so we all can have fun :)

swhitmore

Would it be worth just adding this to GB3 instead of requiring 2 separate plugins? Especially since GB3 is required anyway?

No, it adds some nice Mario tiles to the catalog. NesBox also has a pretty large following on their social networking sites so I'm goiing to try to promote MB to them.

johnchimpo

Could you post a screen of what it looks like in the client? I have had SNESbox installed since the day it was publicly available and have yet to have the play button appear in the webclient. Have 700-800 SNES roms, most of which with automatically pulled metadata.

Check the plugins area for a screenshot. It matches them using only the name, so it's not perfect.

johnchimpo

Check the plugins area for a screenshot. It matches them using only the name, so it's not perfect.

The answer was that I had to delete the game.xml file. Otherwise I did not have the "NES/SNESbox Name" and "NES/SNESbox Game Id" fields in the metadata manager and I assume they were not being polled. (Running current up-to-date beta versions of all)