Roc / Crystal Themes: Missing & Un-aired Episodes

leedavies

leedavies

Thanks for the info....  will sort that feature in both themes.

This is the first time I've heard about this cool feature of MB3.  So it shows you all the episodes in a season, even though you may only have some of them in your library right now? 

Is there anything beyond just showing the missing episodes?  e.g. legal streaming or downloading via Hulu etc?

No internet streaming but you can query for upcoming episodes in case you want to do a view for that. Look at what's in the web client for example. I'm sure your users would gobble that up.

mboehler

Hi Lee,

Now that Media Browser 3 can display Missing and Un-aired Episodes, we need some way to distinguish these from the episodes that actually exist in the collection.

Is there any chance that you can implement something in Crystal and Roc to do this?

As it is now, the missing episodes and some un-aired episodes (the ones that have poster images) look like regular episodes.  That is, until you try to actually play one and you get a message stating that it does not exist in your collection.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Lee - of course this feature will require a MBC-specific version of the theme but one thing you could do that will be compatible between versions is bind your on-screen play buttons to Item.IsPlayable.  That way, at least the play button won't show up for these as a stop-gap.

leedavies

Hi Lee,

Now that Media Browser 3 can display Missing and Un-aired Episodes, we need some way to distinguish these from the episodes that actually exist in the collection.

Is there any chance that you can implement something in Crystal and Roc to do this?

As it is now, the missing episodes and some un-aired episodes (the ones that have poster images) look like regular episodes.  That is, until you try to actually play one and you get a message stating that it does not exist in your collection.

Thanks!

ROC uses this data in all views now (although Thumb and Detail are not yet live - v soon).  Crystal will be catching up very shortly too...

• Like 1

mboehler

This is now done for both ROC and Crystal.

mboehler - please could you mark this request as complete.

Thanks, Lee.  You are awesome!  I'll mark it as complete as soon as I figure out how to do it. :)

Edited by mboehler

This is now done for both ROC and Crystal.

mboehler - please could you mark this request as complete.

Lee, can you see the "Topic Moderation" menu at the top of this topic?

Try one more thing.  Edit the first post in here and then select the full editor.  Do you get a drop down at the top for prefixes?

leedavies

I can edit *MY* first post in this discussion, but not *THE* first post.  Editing my first post in the full edtior I don't get a dropdown or anything mention prefixes.....

leedavies

Try one more thing.  Edit the first post in here and then select the full editor.  Do you get a drop down at the top for prefixes?

I can see the Toipic Moderation menu now - thanks!

And I can see the prefixes for approved, completed etc, but selecting one of them seems to do a postback, but the discussion is unchanged and I can't seem to make the approved/completed etc status icons appear for a discussion.

leedavies

I can see the Toipic Moderation menu now - thanks!

And I can see the prefixes for approved, completed etc, but selecting one of them seems to do a postback, but the discussion is unchanged and I can't seem to make the approved/completed etc status icons appear for a discussion.

I also can't remove the completed prefix from an already-flagged-as-completed discussion.  It goes through the motions, just nothing changes.

I also can't remove the completed prefix from an already-flagged-as-completed discussion.  It goes through the motions, just nothing changes.

Please post these issues in the dev area/forum issues forum for Abo to take a look at.

How does this work? How can I see those un-aired episodes? I only see my episodes that are in my network. On all views. Checked show un-aired items in the config.

mboehler

Here is an example of a show that has some missing and future episodes both:

5281544a39fbf_futuremissing.jpg

Normally there are posters for the missing episodes and for some of the future episodes.  But in this case, there are none to be found on the net...

Edited by mboehler
  • Like 1

leedavies

How does this work? How can I see those un-aired episodes? I only see my episodes that are in my network. On all views. Checked show un-aired items in the config.

I've only seen missing episodes on my system, no future ones - but then I'm not watching any current show!

This is what the missing indicator looks like (this future one is much the same, but green, not red):

52814b7f61471_MissingEpisode.png

Edited by leedavies

I've only seen missing episodes on my system, no future ones - but then I'm not watching any current show!

This is what the missing indicator looks like (this future one is much the same, but green, not red):

52814b7f61471_MissingEpisode.png

Okay but how do I get them visable?

I have enabled show missing and un-aired items in the config but I only see my "NEW" items and no missing or future items. Do I need the MB3 metadata enabled perhaps? I use metabrowser 2 for some reasons instead of metadata from MB3.

Okay but how do I get them visable?

I have enabled show missing and un-aired items in the config but I only see my "NEW" items and no missing or future items. Do I need the MB3 metadata enabled perhaps? I use metabrowser 2 for some reasons instead of metadata from MB3.

Yes you need to enable automatic updates from the metadata page in the server.

Yes you need to enable automatic updates from the metadata page in the server.

Okay then I will need a server request since I'm not using that because it messes with my Dutch MPAA ratings.

mboehler

Okay then I will need a server request since I'm not using that because it messes with my Dutch MPAA ratings.

@@ebr can correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be possible to enable metadata, but disable ratings.  You will probably have to do this for each collection. 

5282377e7d466_metadat.jpg

mboehler

Locking the rating is not inherited. You have to do it for each individual item. it will be easier later with bulk editing.

Gotcha.  Thank you for double-checking me.  I do not like to give out incorrect information!

No you don't need to enable automatic updates. That never came from me. But you do need internet providers enabled.

@@ebr can correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be possible to enable metadata, but disable ratings.  You will probably have to do this for each collection. 

5282377e7d466_metadat.jpg

Locking the rating is not inherited. You have to do it for each individual item. it will be easier later with bulk editing.

• Like 1