No unaired episodes showing

gillmacca

gillmacca

I have the latest beta version, and have run a library scan, but am not seeing any missing/unaired episodes.

This may not be a bug, but rather the way I retrieve metadata, and have the server set-up, but I wanted to check.

I use MCM for my metadata, and because of this I have MBS set to not retrieve episode/movie/season/series via metadata-advanced (in the dashboard).

Under metadata-basics, I have download metadata from the internet ticked, but have not ticked enable automatic updates from tmdb & tvdb.

Is this the correct setup, or will it not work because I am using a third party metadata provider

gillmacca

Do you know if this will cause any issues with MCM?

I am planning on transferring over to MB's metadata. Just need to sort a few things out first

You don't need to enable tvdb updates, so that's fine. It's the advanced settings that are causing that. It's not going to work unless you re-enable them.

I'm unhappy with the Missing / Future episodes clogging up web client and IOS7 client and XBOX360 client.

It's not obvious what the user is able to watch easily when there's so many new things that are in the future for a particular series, or missing, etc..

At the very least the default should be do not show missing/future episodes and have a client setting to pull them down.

How can I tell media broswer 3 server to remove all Missing and Future episodes from meta data and not pull them down again?

Edited by BC101

I'm unhappy with the Missing / Future episodes clogging up web client and IOS7 client and XBOX360 client.

It's not obvious what the user is able to watch easily when there's so many new things that are in the future for a particular series, or missing, etc..

At the very least the default should be do not show missing/future episodes and have a client setting to pull them down.

How can I tell media broswer 3 server to remove all Missing and Future episodes from meta data and not pull them down again?

Good day,

1 - from the dashboard - metadata - disable the option to fetch for missing tv ...

2 - Shut down you mb3 server.

3 - Go where mb3 server installed, example:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data

*username = computer login name.

Delete the file: library.db

Start the mob3 server and let the media library finish.

My best

who says they're clogging up the web client? they're not mixed in with regular episodes unless you specifically enable them.

CashMoney

There must be some MCM users here who can comment on their experience of pairing it with MB3.

Might not be much help but I planned on doing this but ended up staying 99% MB3 metadata. The one exception was genres for movies, as I had a few that showed up as "action/adventure" (1 genre) rather than action and/or adventure (2 genres). But the Genre cleaner plugin fixed that issue, which previously I fixed with MCM's consolidated genres option. I'm now 100% MB3 for metadata.

The one and only feature I'm personally missing that I will use MCM for is HTML list export of my collections and I rarely use it anywway.

crashkelly

Do you know if this will cause any issues with MCM?

I am planning on transferring over to MB's metadata. Just need to sort a few things out first

I did the same thing as well, moved from MCM to MB3 for metadata and everything has been very smooth. The only thing I still use MCM for is TV Show sorting and renaming and trailer downloads for movies. MB3 does the latter very well, but I prefer all of my trailers in MP4 format and MCM will re-encode for me on the fly.

Take the plunge ..... the shock is over before long and the warm and fuzzy feeling is amazing ;)

Good day,

1 - from the dashboard - metadata - disable the option to fetch for missing tv ...

2 - Shut down you mb3 server.

3 - Go where mb3 server installed, example:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data

*username = computer login name.

Delete the file: library.db

Start the mob3 server and let the media library finish.

My best

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the prompt reply.

I don't actually see a Server side option Tools > Metadata pane > there's no option to disable missing/future TV globally.

I believe you mean from my profile? User Profiles > $Profile > Settings > Uncheck "Import missing episodes into seasons" , uncheck "Import unaired episodes into seasons".

I've done the latter with no change to website or IOS7 interface (I haven't tested xbox360 interface since unchecking these options).

However to address Luke's note:

who says they're clogging up the web client? they're not mixed in with regular episodes unless you specifically enable them.

When visiting dashboard, across the Top I have two "Views" Movies and TV Shows which correlates to my collections.

Then below that I have "Media Collections"

Movies, TV, etc.

If I click on the "TV" icon with the graphics under the "Views", then click on Episodes header. I'd want to see what episodes I can watch, not really care about what I'm missing (which is thousands).

This is a default setting that I didn't specifically enable.

And when I unchecked the settings as I mentioned above, they don't go away. Sounds like I have to follow the steps Abobader suggested.

So it does clog up the Episodes interface which is one of better views, by default.

You are correct BC101 regarding the menu path, my post to that not see it at the webclient, unless Luke change something.

I understand the benefit but for example I go to libraries on the IOS client then click on Simpsons or something and am waiting forever as tons of content I don't care about loads. I don't have old seasons of Simpsons so it's wasting resources loading it up...and I'm under the Libraries heading so I only want to see shows I can watch :/ things in my library should show, not old seasons. Btw I followed the steps above to clear library.db and it's repulled all old seasons. It's not honouring my profiles settings.

We need to do a better job of clarifying what those settings mean, and what clients they apply to. Since the web client has the dual role of being a management interface, it makes sense for it to have it's own settings.

Also, be patient with clients. Give them a little time to react to the new features. I'm sure you'll end up being happy with it.

• Like 1

I understand the benefit but for example I go to libraries on the IOS client then click on Simpsons or something and am waiting forever as tons of content I don't care about loads. I don't have old seasons of Simpsons so it's wasting resources loading it up...and I'm under the Libraries heading so I only want to see shows I can watch :/ things in my library should show, not old seasons. Btw I followed the steps above to clear library.db and it's repulled all old seasons. It's not honouring my profiles settings.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1598-no-unaired-episodes-showing/?p=33290

Hi Luke,

I see you are standing by the claim that it's a client problem and not a server side problem, fair enough.

Under server side settings > User Profiles > $profile > Settings > 

There are two options:

- Import missing episodes into seasons (currently unchecked)

- Import unaired episodes into seasons (currently unchecked)

It's not clear that this will not prevent these missing/unaired from appearing under the "Episodes" view. I'll explain.

I'd rather see a server side setting (even if its just on a per-profile basis) that turns off missing/unaired across all views, preventing it from being pulled/indexed at all. This setting would be preferred to the current behaviour which just prevents it from the default "Shows" view. 

Missing and Unaired episodes show up under the "Episodes" view; that view is unaffected by the un-checking of those settings.

Can you confirm this is by design?

Thank you for your work and feedback.

By design. The settings will be made more clear so that it's obvious what client they pertain to. The filters will also be improved so that they can be excluded from the episodes view.  Having the data available is important to those using the api. There's several other uses before besides just blending them in with seasons, and allowing you to stop them at the server level will make it hard for every client developer. For example, the missing filter would mean nothing so I'd have to hide that, the upcoming tab would also have to be hidden. And every other ui developer would have to go through that as well. So it makes more sense to make the data available, and then let client developers present it in the way that you would like to see it. we are not actually doing any extra to work to get the data either, since we get all of the metadata for the entire series in one zip file from the tvdb.

Gotcha.

I just realized it might be the Filters aren't working correctly (I'm only testing in Web Client right now).

When I open "Episodes" view, click on Filter, there's nothing checked. This is fine and by default logically this means "show everything", right?

If I then  modify my filters by checking something, should it not show only that which is checked?

If I:

1. Start from a default Filters list with everything unchecked - Result: It shows everything.

2. Check "Unwatched", logically it should show me Missing Episodes and Unaired Episodes and anything in my Library that isn't flagged as being watched.

- Result: 3348 items. Okay fine... even though I don't have Missing Episodes and Unaired Episodes checked, it's showing me them....

So... How do I exclude Missing Episodes and Unaired when I want to filter by Unwatched?

Thanks,

... The filters will also be improved so that they can be excluded from the episodes view.  ...

I guess you answered my question already... it's a bug/ needs a fix.

Thanks,

Edited by BC101