Parental controls issue in collections

RedStripe

RedStripe

Server Version 3.0.5464.40000

Parental controls work as expected when "Parental rating:" is set to "Adult" except for the Collections view.

I am working on changes to the Godfather Trilogy collection to demonstrate the issue. It takes a long time (several hours) to come up with examples because my collections do NOT update in a timely manner (a ticket has been submitted in this regard http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15921-delayed-collection-group-display/&do=findComment&comment=160722). I am posting without examples in case recommendations for resolution can be made without them. I will post the examples later when they become available.

The issue:

"Parental rating:" is set to "Adult".
The collection folder along with it's included images ARE visible/available for inappropriate users. It does appear to handle the movies as expected as they are NOT visible/available for inappropriate users (NC-17 limited) even within the collection.

This issue can be worked around by setting the collection folder "Parental rating:" to XXX. Some XML generators generate "Adult" as opposed to "XXX" rating. Is MB supposed to handle "Adult" or must every "Adult" rating be manually changed.

Edited by RedStripe

By default boxsets take on the lowest parental rating of all it's items. For example - Police Academy Collection has some movies at R, others at PG13, so the boxset takes on pg13.

If you have a user with a max parental rating of PG, they should not see the boxset. This assumes two things - the ratings of the content have values that we understand and can translate to a number, and also that you haven't locked the metadata of the boxset itself, because then the library scan will leave it alone. If either of those are true then you need to handle it manually just as you are doing now

RedStripe

Do you (Media Browser) understand the parental rating "Adult"? Is the fact that the parental rating "Adult" appears to work for movies just an anomaly or do movies have different rules regarding parental rating as opposed to boxsets?

Note: I haven't found a way to snapshot the "Parental Rating:" popup list for a movie. But for movies that have been rated "Adult" the "Adult" rating has been appended to the end of the list.

Happy2Play

Do you (Media Browser) understand the parental rating "Adult"? Is the fact that the parental rating "Adult" appears to work for movies just an anomaly or do movies have different rules regarding parental rating as opposed to boxsets?

There is no setting to rate Adult in localization.  You would either need to add one,  re-rate everything with a Content Rating of "Adult", Or set Custom Rating. 

Actually "AO" is Adult Only.  But if you have a lot of media already rated "Adult" you may just want to add it to localization with what looks like 15 or 100.

If you don't have many you are better off updating that outdated rating.  You can use Reports in the web client and sort by Parental Rating.

@@Luke are these files overwritten by the server or are they user editable?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\localization

549fcc88276ed_rating.png

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 years later...

Is there a way to do a mass group Parental Controls change?
I have a heap that are AU-M that I need to change to AU-M15+ so my daughter can't see them.
Otherwise the ratings aspect is working great for me.

Directly in Emby, no, but it's a good idea for the future. In the meantime if you have enabled saving to local nfo files you might be able to use a text editor to bulk edit. @@Happy2Play is pretty handy with that.

Happy2Play

Is there a way to do a mass group Parental Controls change?

I have a heap that are AU-M that I need to change to AU-M15+ so my daughter can't see them.

Otherwise the ratings aspect is working great for me.

If you want to change all of them you could use notepad ++.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26604-help-with-changing-the-date-added-value/?p=258960