Cant use Roku since Connect came into the picture...

skidmarks

skidmarks

I am not sure what all the changes that are taking place with Media Browsed are... Sure it is to make the program compatible with evrything.  I can appreciate that.  Was a chief engineer for both NBC and CBS before i became disabled.

Since the connect feture came out i can NOT use anything but the OLD mediabrowser channel or the mediacenter lite channel.  I have a static IP so connect is a waist for my needs, but COMPLETEY understand the need for this,  Unfortunatley mediacentre throws me right back to the roku menu period.  im85288 said he addresses this matter and we are just waiting for Roku to release the new version.  The media center for roku i got no love for it right now...  If i try the connect feature it will see my server, but not connect.  Go back in you can see the server name but no connect.  Manually go in and add another server (even though my server name is already in the list of options) put the same IP number in and it WILL let you connect.  Leave the channel, come back and again the only way to use media browser for roku is to manually add server, add the same IP numer and connect???  In this manner it WILL connect every time.

I am not a stupid persion...  I may sound like one, but i had no problems using Roku until connect came to be.  Have a pretty exstensive IT background.  Media browser was a software that i swore by.  I have turned on alot of folks to it over the years,  But recenty i really dont know what is going on here.  Formatted my computer twice (getting ready for a third time) to try and get my server back on line and working right again...

Have the proper amount of adult beverages in me now, so fire away!  Formating and starting from scatch has not helped me one bit, but i like the pain of spending the time doing it... (i guess)

Edited by skidmarks

in the app settings did you disable remembering login? can you check that? 

i'm referring to the official app. in fact, you might want to jump on the beta or zip file in case i'm able to produce a fix that you can test quickly. thanks.

also - static ip - static wan or static lan?

Happy2Play

You mention "OLD mediabrowser channel or the mediacenter lite channel".  What app versions are you using?

skidmarks

I pay for a static WAN IP.  This was before connect came into the picture.  Obviously that was a HUGE addition for media browser.  Awsome!  But before connect came to the software i decided to get a static IP number to resolve logging into the server remotely.  Luke the offical channel is media browser for roku correct?

I should also mention that i use the local IP number to connect to the server, not my WAN IP number.  If i am in my house, and i dont get around much anymore, i use the local IP server number.  I of course gave my server a static local IP number years ago so the lease release time never bothers with it.  No DHCP crap for the server.

Edited by skidmarks

skidmarks

Media Browser version 1.17.6 works

Media Center Light version 1.4 works

Media browser for Roku version 1.72 will only work if i manually connect even with the server name in the connect to server choices (add new server).

Media Centre version 2.17 wont even connect to the server.  (possible fix on the way)

I use manual connect on my LAN and default port and non-dhcp number for server connect. 

For the two channels that support connect i have tried the connect feature and it recognizes the code, will add the server (you can see it listed in manual connect) but still can not connect to them.

I was gone during your post luke (getting version numbers) i will try that link once i get my server back up.  I am formatting it again!  I was part of the beta channel for roku a few weeks ago, but recall the same issues.  Possibly the beta has been changed since then.

Edited by skidmarks

yea definitely try the latest beta because there's a good chance it resolves the issue of having to login everytime you run the app

skidmarks

Are you able to use "connect" in your browser?  http://app.mediabrowser.tv/index.html

Have you portforwarded the server port?

Crap didn't even know that was an option...  High tech!  Yes I can sign into my server with that browser link.  Painless! 

Luke will give it a shot when my server is back up and let you know.

skidmarks

OK my server is back on line.  Clean and happy!  So now my focus is set back to my Roku problems. 

As well established, I have formatted my server. 

I deleted all my Roku channels dealing with Media Browser.  Signed up to download the beta Media Browser for Roku, and it did come down the pike.  I am sorry to report that I am having the same roku issues.

I will focus on the Media Browser channel for now (for the records mediacentre light and the Original Media Browser channel have been the only ones that have worked for the year I have been running on Roku). 

Network:

WAN Static IP Numer

LAN:  DHCP except for my server which is 172.16.129.10 (not in my DHCP IP pool)  Subnet set to 255.255.0.0

Netgear Router rule:

54a19beb88de5_20141229_132145.jpg

Port is 8096   172.16.129.10 is my static internal IP number for my server

Have Kaspersky Internet Security installed on server.  Have Media Browser server set up to NOT be scanned.  I also adder two rules to make sure.  This is for Ports 8096:

54a19ecfc810b_20141229_133415.jpg

Also as a note I can pause protection and I still have my issues.

I can connect via http://app.mediabrowser.tv/index.html without issues.

If Roku keeps a log that will benefit troubleshooting I will telnet in and post it here...

I am positive that it is not firewall or network issues.  Older versions of roku aps work like they always have.  Like I said since connect came to be I have had nothing but connection issues with the newer aps.  I would think that I should be able to connect to my media browser server locally, on the LAN, without these issues.  I HAVEN'T even tried to connect to my server outside my home.  This is a LAN to LAN server and rokus on the same network problem. 

Thanks........

Edited by skidmarks

skidmarks

Sorry luke,

Media Browser for Roku and Media Browser for Roku (beta)

Run ap 

Get PIN and use address to enter pin

PIN screen disappears (recognizes that I entered pi on web site)

Message connecting to server

Nothing then dumps me back to heres a PIN go on line to add it.

Go to manual configure server

Server name is already there (added during connect try above I assume)

Try to connect to the server with server name already there

Goes back to heres a pin use it in the web site

Go back to manually configure server

This time use the add server (even with my server already showing as an option)

Put the ip address and port number in.

CONNECTS and is perfect.

close Roku ap.  Do not log out and settings say remember user

Try and open roku ap

Back to heres a pin go to the website.

The only way I can get the Roku ap to work is by doing the add manual connection and reenter my server information.

Mediacentre same thing, except for I can even get past the heres a PIN section

I will pull a log!

Edited by skidmarks

skidmarks

OK I have a log file...

servers
connectToServers called with 0 servers
connectInitial returned State of ConnectSignIn
connectInitial returned ConnectionMode of
Processing ConnectionResult State of ConnectSignIn
Entered CreateScreenForItem
Not sure what to do with breadcrumbs on screen type: roCodeRegistrationScreen
Pushing screen 1 onto view controller stack - ConnectSignIn
Sending pin poll request to https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/pin?pin=87074&deviceId=1GM352008181
Poll result: {"Id":"37798","Pin":"87074","DeviceId":"1GM352008181","IsExpired":false,"IsConfirmed":false,"AccessToken":""}
Sending pin poll request to https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/pin?pin=87074&deviceId=1GM352008181
Poll result: {"Id":"37798","Pin":"87074","DeviceId":"1GM352008181","IsExpired":false,"IsConfirmed":false,"AccessToken":""}
Poll result: {"Id":"37798","Pin":"87074","DeviceId":"1GM352008181","IsExpired":false,"IsConfirmed":true,"AccessToken":"9e29ee2eb70201d8c556c2454e0ffe4e"}
Pin confirmed
Using broadcast address 172.16.129.255
Send To Address: 172.16.129.255:7359 / 172.16.129.255:7359
Cancel UDP Broadcast
Found 0 servers
Connect returned 1 servers
connectionManagerGetServers returning 1 servers
connectToServers called with 1 servers
Attempting to connect to http://XX.XX.XX.XXX:8096/mediabrowser/system/info/public?format=json
AsyncGetToString timeout
Failed to get Server Info
Processing ConnectionResult State of ServerSelection
Cancel UDP Broadcast
Found 0 servers
Pushing screen 2 onto view controller stack - Server List
Trying to pop screen that doesn't match the top of our stack!
Removing screen 1 from middle of stack!
Not sure what to do with breadcrumbs on screen type: Invalid
Pushing screen 3 onto view controller stack - Dialog: Select Action
Creating new dialog
Button pressed: 1
Popping screen 3 and cleaning up 0 breadcrumbs
Top of stack is once again: Server List
Attempting to connect to http://XX.XX.XX.XXX:8096/mediabrowser/system/info/public?format=json
AsyncGetToString timeout
Pushing screen 4 onto view controller stack - Dialog: Unable To Connect
Creating new dialog
Button pressed: Back
Popping screen 4 and cleaning up 0 breadcrumbs
Popping screen 2 and cleaning up 1 breadcrumbs
Pushing screen 5 onto view controller stack - Home
Loading beginning of row 0, Options
Count loaded is now 4 out of 4
Loaded 4 elements in row 0, now have 4
Total initial grid load took: 5ms
Popping screen 5 and cleaning up 0 breadcrumbs
Popping home screen
Finished global message loop
alse,"IsConfirmed":true,"AccessToken":"9e29ee2eb70201d8c556c2454e0ffe4e"}
Pin confirmed
Cancel UDP Broadcast
Found 0 servers
Attempting to connect to http://XX.XX.XX.XXX/mediabrowser/system/info/public?format=json
AsyncGetToString timeout
Cancel UDP Broadcast
Found 0 servers
Pushing screen 2 onto view controller stack - Server List
Trying to pop screen that doesn't match the top of our stack!
Removing screen 1 from middle of stack!
Pushing screen 3 onto view controller stack - Dialog: Select Action
Creating new dialog
AsyncGetToString timeout
Pushing screen 4 onto view controller stack - Dialog: Unable To Connect
Creating new dialog
Popping screen 2 and cleaning up 1 breadcrumbs
Pushing screen 5 onto view controller stack - Home
Total initial grid load took: 5ms
Popping screen 5 and cleaning up 0 breadcrumbs
Popping home screen

The IP number that I XXX.XXX.XXX.XX is the correct external static IP number.  My server is 172.16.129.10

skidmarks

I do not know if this Roko log files deletes itself after you exit, but I then did a log where I can connect when I put my lan IP number in MB for Roku...

------ Running ------
Anamorphic support: true
Server.info: listening on 0.0.0.0:8324
Cancel UDP Broadcast
Found 0 servers
Creating server data cache
Found string in the registry: {"fda96093b5715ff69839876b155f3896":{"AccessToken":"afec4eb04fb84cc9824f65abc8dd63d5","UserId":"e7ab9a6ef8390c405dd6837930e5cc8a",        "LastAccess":"1419890285","RemoteAddress":"http://CORRECT.EXTERNAL.STATIC.WANIP:8096","Name":"HAL

,"UserType":"Linked","LocalAddress":"http://172.16.129.10:8096","ExchangeToken"        :"a01b934dbfe545e090350a2386460c8a","id":"fda96093b5715ff69839876b155f3896"}}
Parsed as: roAssociativeArray
Attempting to connect to http://CORRECT.EXTERNAL.STATIC.WANIP:8096/mediabrowser/system/info/public?format=json
AsyncGetToString timeout
connectInitial returned State of ServerSelection
connectInitial returned ConnectionMode of Manual
Cancel UDP Broadcast
Found 0 servers
Pushing screen 1 onto view controller stack - Server List
Pushing screen 2 onto view controller stack - Dialog: Select Action
Creating new dialog
Popping screen 2 and cleaning up 0 breadcrumbs
Attempting to connect to http://CORRECT.EXTERNAL.STATIC.WANIP:8096/mediabrowser/system/info/public?format=json
AsyncGetToString timeout
Pushing screen 3 onto view controller stack - Dialog: Unable To Connect
Creating new dialog
Connection[87031826].info: accepted connection @172.16.129.10:51231
Request[2].info: POST '/mediabrowser/message/Ping'
Reply[30].info: Sent 164 [0-163/164]
Reply[30].info: source buf is empty
Reply[30].info: Sent-1 [0--2/0]
Connection[87031826].info: send reply peer closed @172.16.129.10:51231
Popping screen 1 and cleaning up 1 breadcrumbs
Pushing screen 4 onto view controller stack - Home
Total initial grid load took: 6ms
Popping home screen

Edited by skidmarks

Looks like it is trying to use the WAN address because that server was not found locally when the UDP broadcast was sent out.

Have you blocked UDP traffic to your server?

• Like 1

skidmarks

OK well first off I learned some things today... Secondly I want to thank luke and EBR for being on this forum for what seems 24 / 7 helping everyone always! So you can assume what I am getting ready to write next leads up to the problem being fixed...

The problem HAS been resolved and ALL roku channels work now! I do not know if UDP was part of the old roku channels, but I started to really inspect my network looking at UDP traffic (thanks to the logs and you guys I at least had some idea of what I needed to be looking at). Prior to today I had NO idea where the problem might have been. Old channels worked and new connect channels didn't (that's what I knew and that isn't very helpful).

I erased my router. Netgear 7550. Redid all my security and port forwarding. Really didn't change anything but wanted to make sure there was no rogue code in there. That change alone allowed me to connect using MB for Roku, but only showed the bottom part of the screen (preferences / log out and so on. No libraries.

I uninstalled Kaspersky internet security. Maybe again some rouge data possibly screwing things up. When I uninstalled I was surprised that I did not get a pop up saying no firewall is enabled. So I decided to check to see if windows firewall was running. It WAS??? Don't ask me. So I stopped that crappy service. But instead of checking to see if that fixed it I reinstalled Kaspersky. When I did it warned me that UDP Port X (not 8096) was trying to access the internet would you like it to? First time I have ever seen this question from Kaspersky. I said yes. Then it said do you want UDP X to access the internet? I said yes. I went on to the mediabrowser server in kaspersky and granted it FULL access to LAN and WAN (as I did I the past). Went and checked roku's and all of the channels worked.

I have a feeling, for whatever reason windows fire wall was to blame. Kaspersky should have disabled it when it was installed. It didn't though and windows firewall was running at the same time as Kaspersky.

So I am not confused was UDP a part of making Connect work when those versions came out?

Anyway I cant thank you guys enough... without you guys MB would have never of made it this far. When I get paid I WILL make ANOTHER donation to the cause!

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 3

Great stuff.

And to those who said they have a similar problem - this is how report issues and get them fixed :) Your solution might be different than his but we need you guys to produce the roku telnet log like he did.

mrlorlando

tryed my mediacentre roku app or channel today and still force closes on log in

its the payed version

Edited by mrlorlando

I'm pretty sure your issue was that UDP was not getting through.

The new automatic connection logic that works with Connect is going to make a decision on whether to use the local vs public/external address for a given server based on whether that server was discovered on your local network or not.

Perhaps we could have it not rely on the UDP discovery and do some sort of ping or other connectivity test with the local address instead but I believe it does rely on UDP right now.

it doesn't rely on udp. when the app got the server list from connect the local address must have been empty. MBS probably was not able to determine it's local network ip address, which can happen once in a while. 

so what happened with skidmarks is it tried the remote address which failed, then there was no local address to fall back to.

mrorlando - please see the information that skidmarks provided on the previous page and try to do the same thing.