MBC Constanly Crashing With Breeze

Riples

I have been persisting with this for a while now, but I think I need to get it sorted:

I don't know what is causing this, but my Media Browser Classic is constantly crashing multiple times whilst trying to use it.  I currently run the Breeze theme.

The software will load without errors and load into the theme fine, but after that I get constant 'Not Responding' errors.

I have noticed that Breeze no longer shows some thumbnails for 'Recently Added' and 'Unwatched' items.  Also, when browsing through my movie collection, some titles are displaying the incorrect movie cover even though they are correct on the server.

If I start scrolling through my collection, it will randomly hang and then throw a message of 'Not Responding' and I have to restart MBC.  Try and scroll again - same thing but on a different title.  It is getting to the point now where I can't even scroll to a movie to watch it because it will crash 4 or 5 times.  I then go into PLEX and it works fine.

I also have major issues trying to watch a .MT2S file.  For some reason this isn't supported on my system and crashes MBC also.  It would be good to be able to get this working nicely with the system without errors.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Riples

Sorry to hear about this but I'm afraid that theme is no longer supported.  The developer appears to have moved on.  I would suggest you try one of the other great themes that are available.  Most of them are free.

Okay, I have removed Breeze as my Theme and decided to use Xenon.  The issue I am finding with this theme is that out of 200 movies, I get about 11 in my list.  I also tested this on my fathers HTPC and I get identical results.

But...keeping on the same topic as my post.... using Xenon (and now Chocolate) I still continually get 'Not Responding' errors and full crashes to the point where I have to restart my Media Center.  This has now become frustrating to the point where I can't use the software any more.

On top of this, I was around my father's house the last couple of days and he is using Media Browser with the Diamond theme.  He also is experiencing a large amount of 'Not Responding' errors and has resorted to using something else.  It is seeming to be more related to MBC now than a theme like I first thought.

Is there anyway I can get to the bottom of all these errors?

Thanks in advance.

Also, please use those instructions to find the windows event log information when a crash occurs.

Hi Guys, okay I have gathered some logs from a recent crash.  When I entered MBC, the loading screen just sat there for at least a couple of minutes, then I got the 'Not Responding' error and had to exit (screen shot attached).  I checked the Windows Event Viewer and there are no errors listed at all.  No warnings and no information events against MBC or Windows Media Centre.  Therefore, I gathered all logs from MBC for today (also attached).

My version details are:

MBC: 3.0.243.0

MBS: 3.0.5464.40000

The other things is that I'm not sure if it's directly related to my movie collection because now I only seem to have 11 movies listed where it should be over 100+.

Please let me know if there is anything else or any other information you require.

Thanks in advance,

Riples

MBClassic-812015bf386be190ce443495c08950fed4f2da.log

MBClassic-8120153bf8c864d96e4f45a3bbf54771cc73eb.log

post-1816-0-02902800-1420712555_thumb.jpg

You are using Breeze again.  I'm afraid I have no way to support that theme.

Can you reproduce the problem in Chocolate?

Sorry, I went back to Breeze because originally that theme was the only theme that was supporting my library.  Everything else was only showing 11 titles.  But it seems going back to Breeze hasn't helped as that too now only shows 11 titles.  I had just forgotten to change it back again.  Sorry about the confusion.

I can produce on Chocolate (and diamond), and I will send you some new logs.

Sorry again.

aspdend

I can confirm that I have been using Xenon for some time now and it definitely shows all of my library content (1000's of films, tv shows, music etc)

Thanks aspdend - I am unsure what is happening.  If I go to the Reports section, it shows 459 items (which is all of my content).  If I then go to Metadata Manager, it only shows 15 items for my main movies.  Browsing to my local directory shows all movies intact with my main movie directory containing 247 items (which is correct).

Restarting both the PC and MBS has had no affect.

Edited by Riples

It sounds to me like you have an issue with your library structure that needs to be diagnosed.

Create a new thread in the server section that shows exactly how you've setup your media folders and what the physical structure looks like. Confirm this structure/naming is in accordance with the supported conventions.