DVD Menu Navigation

joshhuggins

joshhuggins

Howdy all!

Usually I rip my DVDs as main movies only, but I have a few discs that I needed to rip with full menus. My question, which I have searched for an answer to and surprised I haven't found more on the topic one way or the other, is how are people handling playback for these? I use Media Browser Classic's built-in play back normally and would prefer to use that if possible. I can't use the direction buttons on my remote or even the mouse to manually pick the menus. Is there a way to do this from Media Browser? Thanks for any leads!

joshhuggins

Ahh that works, sheesh can't believe I missed that option. Missing the eye candy though huh? Hmmm bummer. Wish there was a way to flag only the few movies we need menus in the metadata. Thanks for the help ebr!

• 3 months later...

Yes, it will still work in MBC if you check the "Disable for DVD rips" option under Playback/Custom Player Interface.

• 4 months later...

Yes, it will still work in MBC if you check the "Disable for DVD rips" option under Playback/Custom Player Interface.

with emby this option does not seem to work now.. specially with theater

i created new support ticket for this but there doing a search there only two subjects on matter this old dead one which is old and this one.

anyways now when yout ry to play DVD TS folder image in using The EMBy Tehater Client u get this error

Unhandled Exception: Unable to cast COM object of type

'DirectShowLib.DVDNavigator' To interface type

'DriectShowlib.Dvd.IDvdcontrol2' this operation fialed becuase the Query Interface Call on com Component for the interface with IID '{33bc7430-EEC0-11D2-8201-00A0C9D74842} Failed due to following Error : No Such Interface Supported (Excetion from HRESult: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTRERFACE))

which you do not get if you play it using emby media center verison.

Edited by midn8t

i created new support ticket for this but there doing a search there only two subjects on matter this old dead one which is old and this one.

anyways now when yout ry to play DVD TS folder image in using The EMBy Tehater Client u get this error

'DriectShowlib.Dvd.IDvdcontrol2' this operation fialed becuase the Query Interface Call on com Component for the interface with IID '{33bc7430-EEC0-11D2-8201-00A0C9D74842} Failed due to following Error : No Such Interface Supported (Excetion from HRESult: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTRERFACE))

This is the Emby for Media Center forum and the post above refers to an option in that app.  That option does not exist in Emby Theater and I don't think it has ever supported DVD playback with menus.

Not many modern players will so I would suggest you start a plan of converting these items to a file format for the future.

babgvant

What OS?

• 2 weeks later...

win 10

but it also dont work on win 7 for dvd play back in theater, if u want dvd play back the dvd play back has to be built into the OS same with the blue ray..

Emby Theater dose not support ether blue ray or dvd format for menu system for play back by defualt.

if you have emby theater for media center sense media center for windows supports dvd play back then so does emby.

but by default it dose not it seems.

be honest i went to using media portal its has media play back for DVDs and blue ray along with all of the things emby also does.

but yes the media browser and emby broswer for media center on windows before windows 10 supported dvd play back with menus systems due to the fact that media center for windows supported it.

Edited by midn8t

babgvant

win 10

but it also dont work on win 7 for dvd play back in theater, if u want dvd play back the dvd play back has to be built into the OS same with the blue ray..

Emby Theater dose not support ether blue ray or dvd format for menu system for play back by defualt.

if you have emby theater for media center sense media center for windows supports dvd play back then so does emby.

Emby does support DVD w/ menus on Windows 7/8/8.1. There does appear to be an issue on Windows 10 with the built-in DVD DS filters. I need to investigate what the issue is.

babgvant

There does appear to be an issue on Windows 10 with the built-in DVD DS filters. I need to investigate what the issue is.

Found the issue. Submitted a patch.

It looks like W10 broken explicit DVD graph building. For it to work correctly over the whole life cycle IDvdGraphBuilder (which doesn't allow explicit graph building) must be used.

Since there's a lot of changes there, i'm going to push it as a dev level emby theater update.

• 9 months later...

Hi, is this still a known issue? Trying to playback a DVD rip in Emby Theatre and I can't get pass the DVD menu screen.

Hi, is this still a known issue? Trying to playback a DVD rip in Emby Theatre and I can't get pass the DVD menu screen.

This is the Emby for Media Center forum so I would check in the Theater forum.