Jerky video in MB Theater

mguebert

mguebert

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get smooth video playback on a Core I3 NUC with Intel 4000 graphics. It is very jerky when playing back either DVD or Bluray mkv rip files. It seems to be ignoring HW acceleration according to the log.

I can play the same files in graphstudio and they play smoothly on the same hardware.

What am I missing?

I have tried various internal player settings including force quicksync and it still doesn't work.theater-63554945931.txt

We are working on improving it, but for now it does have some problems with onboard graphics such as that. You might want to look at Media Browser Classic or our Kodi add-on in the meantime.

mguebert

Thanks for the response. I have tried that however I am also trying to get this working with 3d MVC files. The config for MB theater is pretty straightforward. Not so much with Kodi.

Mopar_Mudder

Has something changed in the last couple of weeks to cause this? MBT has worked perfect for me since it came out, now about 90% of the time I get slow mo video for some reason.

mguebert

It's confusing for me also. As luke suggests they have had issues with IGP graphics such as the NUC provides. However MBT uses Lav filters and I can play the same files in graphstudio with lav filters fine. So????

Has something changed in the last couple of weeks to cause this? MBT has worked perfect for me since it came out, now about 90% of the time I get slow mo video for some reason.

Only problem I had recently that caused me "slow mo" video as you call it was an update to my Graphics driver. That screwed with some setting in MadVr which I had to reset. Plus I don't install dev builds of the server or MBT, just stable updates.

Mopar_Mudder

Only problem I had recently that caused me "slow mo" video as you call it was an update to my Graphics driver. That screwed with some setting in MadVr which I had to reset. Plus I don't install dev builds of the server or MBT, just stable updates.

I am not using MadVr