MB Intro's - select specific file

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Spaceboy

although the first option suggests you should be able to pick a specific file to play it only shows you the folder. typing in the correct address also gets you told the address doesn't exist.

also, no credit for mb2 purchasers of the intros plugin?

although the first option suggests you should be able to pick a specific file to play it only shows you the folder. typing in the correct address also gets you told the address doesn't exist.

This is a limitation of the current server.  With the next server release (the next couple days) you will be able to select files directly.

also, no credit for mb2 purchasers of the intros plugin?

Yes, there is.  Put your MB2 key in the proper field.

Spaceboy

no problem, will wait for the next server release

on the mb2 key carry over, i havent got round to registering the new plug in yet, but mb2 keys are already in the proper field. i presume when i do come to register i will see the credit, but there was no info on the plug in page

Mine was saying that it was a trial version even though I had purchased the original intros and had the MB2 key in the proper field. Once I puchased MB Intro's it became registered. Oh well don't mind donating a bit extra for all the great work :)

Edited by memc

swhitmore

Oh well don't mind donating a bit extra for all the great work :)

That's what I did too. If you guys like this, you should think about donating again  :D

• Like 1

Mine was saying that it was a trial version even though I had purchased the original intros and had the MB2 key in the proper field. Once I puchased MB Intro's it became registered. Oh well don't mind donating a bit extra for all the great work :)

Yeah, my bad.  This is an error in the code.  I am searching for the wrong feature id on MB2.  I'll fix it.

Spaceboy

oh. well that was essentially the problem i had also. mb2 key all in place, installed mb intros and it tells me its in trial. so i quite reasonably assumed there was no credit, especially as there is no info about this on the plug in's page

except i get made to feel as if its my fault....

This is a limitation of the current server.  With the next server release (the next couple days) you will be able to select files directly.

Hey ebr, this hasn't been released yet has it? Still an issue for me so just want to make sure.

Yes it has.  Server 5049+ has this capability:

52756f451ebc4_introfiles.png

It's not working for me running Version 3.0.5050.37565. It works okay if I select specific intro but if I try to do a video format intro, it doesn't work:

intro1.jpg

intro2.jpg

Edited by tp546

I didn't realize there was credit for MB2 MBintros users. I just re-purchased it.

tp - Read to me the titles of the two dialogs you posted...

I see that the second one says select folder from which to choose the intro, but I don't understand why I would select a folder. Am I misunderstanding how to use this? All I want to do is specify one intro to be played for mkv files and a different one for DVD (vob) files - can you tell me how to do that? I thought this was how but maybe I am not getting it. 

Starkadius

I didn't realize there was credit for MB2 MBintros users. I just re-purchased it.

I did as well and frankly I don't mind having to pay for these plugins again since they aren't just simply exported from MB2 to MB3, they are practically developed from scratch. I like free things as much as the next guy but I feel any work done deserves compensation of some sort. Just my two cents.

Okay, now click on the "i" next to the line that allows you to add a video format intro.

The help button? That's the only "i" that I see...

I have files in the folder I am pointing to that are named "bluray.avi" and "DVD.avi" but neither one is being played before my movies.

I have files in the folder I am pointing to that are named "bluray.avi" and "DVD.avi" but neither one is being played before my movies.

Okay, are the media types of those items actually BluRay or DVD?  Can you post a server log in debug mode from when you play one of these?

You may be the first one fully testing these particular intro types.

The BluRays are mkv files but their media type is set to BluRay in the metadata (not sure which it would refer to), the DVDs are DVD rips in the same folder structure with vob files so they should definitely be recognized as DVDs. I turned on debug mode in the advanced tab and played both types, but there is nothing in my server logs folder (C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Server\logs). I had this issue the other day too - I don't have a server log and I'm not sure why. I uninstalled and reinstalled (without deleting all my settings though) and still no log. any ideas?

Here is the log from MBC:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/472290/mb3%20logs/MBClassic-2112013fc26c39499f749c48e13b34b75840373.log

Edited by tp546

Do you actually have the display type on your blurays set to "Blu-Ray"?  If so, that is what the intro file needs to be named as well.

2013-11-02 20:16:50.6178, Warn, MB Intros, Could not locate intro file \\server\MB\Intro\Blu-ray.mkv

And, it looks like you don't have the dvd intro you pointed to...

2013-11-02 20:18:32.9956, Warn, MB Intros, Could not locate intro file \\server\MB\Intro\Dvd.mkv

Also, looks like you told the plug-in the extension for your intros was mkv, but you said they are actually avi.

Okay, I fixed that setting and renamed the file with the dash and now they are both working as expected and how I was hoping they would. Thanks!