No sound, direct steam

meddaugh
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

meddaugh

The latest Android update now appears to do a direct stream for a mkv file, however there is no sound anymore.  It used to trans-code, now nothing.  The upper right indicates "directstream, null, null", which I take it means no sound.

Works ok on my LG G3 phone, it does trans-code.  My SMT9000 tablet it used to work, this last update it now does not play sound.  If I use an external player that works (since I'm assuming it's transcoding at that point).

File is  h.264 and AC3 audio.  Anyway to force it to transcode again?

Thanks.

Help... Any ideas?

---Eric

Tranquil

I think it's caused by the AC3 Audio coded which is very likely not supported by your device.

The Devs of MBA announced an automatic check of available codecs on a specific device to evaluate between transcoding or direct stream. Maybe there can be a combination of both. Don't know if this feature is introduced yet.

Have you tried to reduce the bitrate? Maybe this can force MBA to use the transcoding process!?

meddaugh

I've tried various bitrate, locked at 6Mbs even, no change.  Still no  sound.  Must be my device does not support the AC3 codec, however MB thinks it does so it won't transcode it....

• Solution
Redshirt

I'm going to be pushing a build that will likely fix it in a few hours. 

• Like 1