Poll - Which Live TV Plugin should be next?

bigjohn

267 members have voted

1. 1. Which plugin(s) would you like to see developed next?

• DVBLink/DVBLogic
    • DVB Viewer
    • MythTV
    • TV-Headend
    • VDR

This is just a way to measure demand for Live TV plugins, development is still dependent on individual developers' willingness to put forth the time and effort to bring them to the community.

• Like 1

Still can't see the poll but the only thing holding me back from mediaportal is MBT.

You don't see the poll above my post?

mythtv please.  it's already a mature product, runs on most *nix & bsd servers, and has solid tv tuner support, including hdhomerun prime.

• Like 2

politby

I voted for DVBlogic, mainly because I am a long time user so it's a known quantity to me and it handles my softcams with encrypted dvb-s2 with great stability.

Unfortunately I suspect broadcast TV is going to be obsolete by the time we get a plugin. :(

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Chubby Arse

Still can't see the poll but the only thing holding me back from mediaportal is MBT.

Not sure I follow? There is plugin support for Media Portal, but I don't understand why MBT (Media Browser Theatre?) would hold you back from it?

Spaceboy

Well actually I've got dvblink working now thanks to the dev t.andre. So server side it's great. But until MBT works consistently and has some scheduling functionality I'm still with dvblink to wmc.

tvheadend, in my eyes the best tvserver-software,.....followed by dvbviewer.

but we have now 4 windows tv-server tools, and i think its enough at moment. its time for

a linux tool.

Edited by noxx
  • Like 3

tvheadend autorec/search feature just got a lot better with fulltext search. This is the only thing that I truely missed in tvheadend backend before, but now it can search through everything in the epg (not just title) and autorecord based on such search.

Edited by KRA
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
dnacore

+1 tvheadend

Sometimes Linux is just plain stable, and I'm using an old hardware for my media server running on Ubuntu without any graphical interface. Very light and very stable.. we need full Linux solution.

e123enitan

Hi guys Linux Vu+/Enigma is currently available for testing,check under Live TV forum, go ahead and start testing and shout out it to friends/ families.

It cought me by surprise never knew this day will come so soon. Apparently an enthusiastic of MB have been working on Enigmal 2/MB3 add-on for a while and know its available for testing,show support

• 1 month later...
GrahamH68

+1 for MythTV.  Whilst there are other probably better purely LiveTV apps out there nothing does scheduling across multiple tuners as well as MythTV and since I rarely watch live TV, scheduled recordings is where it's at for me.

Edited by GrahamH68
  • Like 1

gjames50

It's not on the list but I would like to see Emby/Media Browser using my Tablo device. Tablo currently has support for Plex and I would think Emby/Media Browser could support this setup as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Poptartica

MythTV would be a godsend! Sadly those of us who are using linux boxes with CableCARDs are extremely limited in our options (Myth being one of the very few). I'm lucky in that my particular tuner is working surprisingly good with the new-in-development EmbyTV (which, by the way, I find utterly amazing that it so painlessly picks up everything when just getting a backend normally in these circumstances can be a headache). If I wasn't using that specific box though [HdHomerun], I don't think I'd have any options that worked with my setup.

This new feature is really awesome. It's already so good out of the box for how short it's been available to us, I can't wait to see what you guys add :)

Edited by Poptartica

• 1 month later...
bcm00re

I voted for MythTV because when micro$oft stops supporting Media Center I'm going to have to switch to something else (that supports my HDHomerun tuners).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
ravenium

Seconding (5thing?) MythTV. It's by far the most mature offering with the most flexibility, and every time I've switched away, I've come back.  I too own a CableCard setup w/HDHR Prime (which, ok, I guess you could just make a DLNA client for LiveTV), and just about every other offering outside of WMC (eww) has just fallen short when it comes to being able to properly handle it.

Currently I've gone so far as to move MythBuntu onto a VM that runs alongside a few others and does the recording to a shared drive.  For front end I currently use Kodi with mythtv plugins, then Plex for playing recordings over the internet. Plex currently has issues transcoding in the mobile clients (and paid sharing), so I thought I'd give Emby a try on the numerous recommendations out there.

• Like 1

Seconding (5thing?) MythTV. It's by far the most mature offering with the most flexibility, and every time I've switched away, I've come back.  I too own a CableCard setup w/HDHR Prime (which, ok, I guess you could just make a DLNA client for LiveTV), and just about every other offering outside of WMC (eww) has just fallen short when it comes to being able to properly handle it.

Currently I've gone so far as to move MythBuntu onto a VM that runs alongside a few others and does the recording to a shared drive.  For front end I currently use Kodi with mythtv plugins, then Plex for playing recordings over the internet. Plex currently has issues transcoding in the mobile clients (and paid sharing), so I thought I'd give Emby a try on the numerous recommendations out there.

Welcome!