URL Error: Unable to Connect to Server

Twisted

Angelblue05

@@itechdad and @@Vidman

Are you using stable or beta version of Kodi Mediabrowser?

I had this issue as well, but it was resolved with the latest beta version. If you are using stable, then I believe it will be updated with the fix shortly, according to xnappo's post.

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

I think he was saying he couldn't connect before he put in his Samba user/pw, which doesn't make much sense..

arztonyou

itechdad's problem reminds me of a couple weeks ago when I wanted to change users and accidentally used a small case letter instead of an upper case letter and it kept giving me the "username not found" over and over again.  I think it took me about 20 tries before I could manage to get the configure window open again and correct the username.  This was in the Confluence XBMB3C skin.  

I'm sure his problem isn't that simple, but it did remind me that I had wanted to mention the incident to the devs to see if some sort of timeout could be added so the error wouldn't keep looping.  

Angelblue05

Yes, I agree, a chance should be given to the user to fix the settings. Once you mess up the login info, you are unable to do anything and the only way to fix it is to access the settings.xml.

@@Twisted - Yes Xperience1080 has now officially been discontinued. The author has joined the Kodi Development team instead :(

The new version 1080XF had been taken over by someone known as piers. 1080XF MB3 version is my extended version with a lot of additions for both native kodi library users and MB3 users. For the best experience of 1080XF MB3 version I recommend you use the Beta repo

@@im85288 - That is unfortunate. I am trying to get it all set-up and have been having issues finding where to remove menu items. I have also been trying to learn more about channels and setting up the TV Guide section. Have you come across any guides for the skin?

Edited by Twisted

im85288

@@im85288 - That is unfortunate. I am trying to get it all set-up and have been having issues finding where to remove menu items. I have also been trying to learn more about channels and setting up the TV Guide section. Have you come across any guides for the skin?

No guides at all for any skins, but you can look at my github location in here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10375-1080xf-mediabrowser-edition-helix-only/ and apply whatever changes you want to the old non maintained (and not Helix Ready) Xperience 1080 if that is what you desire.

• 3 weeks later...
Blasto79

Same issue for me here but quite weird because I can still access my server through FILES and MOVIES tabs.

Just updated to Kodi 14.0 from XBMC 12.2 Frodo without backup. Soon after that the access to my media server was limited.

On an internal hard drive I have several folders, Movies, TV Shows and Pictures.

Only the TV Shows Tab on the main menu is no longer accessible. Window pops up with message <<Remote Share : Could not connect to network server>>.

I now get this message on startup as well : <<URL error could not connect to network>>

I did not play with any of the settings when installed KODI.

Can anyone help?

im85288

Same issue for me here but quite weird because I can still access my server through FILES and MOVIES tabs.[/size]Just updated to Kodi 14.0 from XBMC 12.2 Frodo without backup. Soon after that [/size]the access to my media server was limited.[/size]On an internal hard drive I have several folders, Movies, TV Shows and Pictures.[/size]Only the TV Shows Tab on the main menu is no longer accessible. Window pops up with message [/size]<<Remote Share : Could not connect to network server>>.[/size]

I now get this message on startup as well : <<URL error could not connect to network>>

I did not play with any of the settings when installed KODI.

Can anyone help?[/size]

Can you post a link to your Kodi log file when this happens and provide details on which skin your using? That may help us to isolate what is happening here.

Blasto79

Like I said, impossible to upload the log through kodi log uploader and also tried fusion and xfinity and get the same result : <<Script failed>>

Is there any other way?

Blasto79

Here is the link : http://pastebin.com/z1qxHqyF

Opened my system, couple of script errors as well as my server content update running.

Tried accessing my TV Shows trough the library tab, got the remotes share error. Then accessed Movies library = worked. Also accessed TV shows through files tab and that also worked.

Hope this gives some help.

im85288

I had a look through the log and could not see anything related to the MediaBrowser addon at all.

It appears that you have a LOT of addons. Could you try a clean install with only the MediaBrowser addon so that your log is cleaner? Also please enable the Debug logging level in the addon settings advanced configuration settings.

• 4 months later...
jillian

can someone help me with media browser please or emby im using a mac and idk what im doing wrong mediabrowser says unable to connect but finds my ip address and emby doesnt find any movies or ANYTHING