URL Error: Unable to Connect to Server

Twisted

The repo is now working, so I have repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2 installed. I went to install xperience 1080II and it is not listed? I am using app version 0.9.740. Do I need an older version?

I do have my public IP address listed for remote access to my server and all my cell phone and tablet apps. I tried changing the XBMB3C app to the actual 192.168.x.xxx and I still received the same error message. Do I need to change this in my server as well? I do not see a place in the settings to update it.

Angelblue05

Can you enable the debug within XBMB3C, like I posted earlier? Please post the full log capturing the unable to connect. It will give us more information. Remember, you do not need to have XBMC debugging enabled, you just need the XBMB3C debug enabled. It will be included inside the xbmc.log file.

You do not need your public ip address changed. This is to access your Media Browser server outside your home network. All that matters is having the right internal ip (192.168.x.xxx), port (8096), username and password to reach your server. A log would definitely help pin point the issue. :)

Edit

As for the skin, I do not see it. Are you sure it's a MB3 compatible skin? You'll find most skins in the stable repo, and a few in the beta repo. 

Are you talking about 1080XF skin?: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10375-1080xf-mediabrowser-edition-helix-only/ If so, then you will need to install Kodi, not Gotham. :/

BTW, thanks for your patience while we try to sort this out for you. Normally, XBMB3C should work straight out of the box.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Here is my new XBMB3C log... DELETED

I came across xperience 1080II in the installation video for XBMB3C on the getting started page. I then found another video on the skin somewhere and wanted to use it for my theme.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9144-getting-started/

After reviewing the link, I think 1080XF is the new version of xperience 1080II. It launched 3 months after the XBMB3C video was posted.

I switched over from XBMC to MediaBrowser because I could never get XBMC to update my library automatically and I wanted a server side that was easy to update. So I went looking at other media center software and took another look at MediaBrowser. I was so impressed with the improvements made, I switched over that day and it has been my only software since. I would like to have the best of both worlds (for now ;)) and use MediBrowser for my server and XBMC/Kodi for my player. So I really appreciate you and the community for all your help!

Edited by Twisted

Angelblue05

According to your log, you didn't set the log level to info(1) in the XBMB3C addon. Can you do that and post back, please? :)

I felt the same way as you, that's why I moved to MediaBrowser with XBMC...it is really the best of both worlds. That is, once you get it working, hehe.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Perfect, thanks! We will have a look and let you know as soon as we figure it out or if we need more information.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's so weird, but it seems it's not able to connect to your server. I think the IP might be wrong or the port is not correctly open, or the username/password is wrong.

Are you able to access your Mediabrowser via browser: 192.xxx.x.xxx:8096/mediabrowser? This should let us know that the server is reachable. In the XBMB3C settings, are you using the login information to connect to your MediaBrowser server or are you using Media Connect/forum login information? You should be using the regular login (not media connect, if you are). Let us know! Hopefully, someone comes up with an idea as to why you are getting this issue.

Edit: If everything is correct, then perhaps we will need your MediaBrowser server log to see what's happening server side or at least to see what's causing the timeout.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Well that was actually the problem. I was first entering the IP address that I use for remote access, then I changed it to the IP address my ISP opened for port 8096. Once I opened my local IP address, it worked. I had a bad feeling after reading your post, it was going to be user error :(

I now have Kodi runnnig XBMB3C with 1080XF MediaBrowser Edition :D

@@Angelblue05 Thanks for helping me sort this out!!!

Edited by Twisted
  • Like 2

Angelblue05

@@Anabel

The windows version should not matter in the issue. Does the error happen as soon as you start Kodi? Have you double verified the information you've entered? Maybe you can follow the steps in the posts above to enable XBMB3C debug and post your xbmc.log.

Post whatever information you might think pertinent to the situation, like what you were doing when the error happens, what skin you are using, what version of the add-on you are using, etc. Thanks!

Edited by Angelblue05

mstbone67a

unfortunately I am having the same issue..  Do you guys want a seperate thread for mine?

URL Error: Unable to Connect to Server

I tried to debug the xbmb3c addon but not sure where the debug log went inside my amazon fire stick.

I did get the xbmc log uploaded.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=379971, this was before i enabled debug in xbmb3c. 

Read this thread on a mobile and skimmed this important fact:  The XBMB3C debug info will be found within the XBMC.log file.

i loaded xbmb3c via a zip.  it says 0.9.740 for mediabrowser addon in xbmc.

I am running gotham 13.2 

I have mb3 3.0.5464.40000

I will retry and upload the log.

Edited by mstbone67a

Angelblue05

First of, is your MediaBrowser server on the same machine as your XBMC? Are you using your local ip to access the server, for example mine is 192.168.0.190

We just need to have a better idea of your setup, so we can figure out what could cause the problem.

This will be useful for you to know: to troubleshoot XBMB3C, you can navigate to the add-on and under the advanced tab you can enable debug log and set it to info(1). The XBMB3C debug info will be found within the XBMC.log file.

Did you check the XBMB3C addon settings? It seems you don't have your local ip for MediaBrowser entered:

NOTICE: Unable to connect to <none>:8096 : [Errno 7] no address associated with hostname.

im85288

Well that was actually the problem. I was first entering the IP address that I use for remote access, then I changed it to the IP address my ISP opened for port 8096. Once I opened my local IP address, it worked. I had a bad feeling after reading your post, it was going to be user error :(

I now have Kodi runnnig XBMB3C with 1080XF MediaBrowser Edition :D

@@Angelblue05 Thanks for helping me sort this out!!!

@@Twisted - Yes Xperience1080 has now officially been discontinued. The author has joined the Kodi Development team instead :(

The new version 1080XF had been taken over by someone known as piers. 1080XF MB3 version is my extended version with a lot of additions for both native kodi library users and MB3 users. For the best experience of 1080XF MB3 version I recommend you use the Beta repo. 

mstbone67a

I thought this error might be good to keep in the same thread versus me starting a new thread. But you guys tell me if I should.

my new log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=380413

I tried to install the beta repo http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

But I dont really see the version changing inside.

I also disabled the serverwmc later since it was having issues connecting.

im85288

A quick look shows your on Android and you have the latest version of the addon. It seems to not be finding your server address. Did you fill in those details in the configuration of the xbmb3c addon?

Angelblue05

For future reference, @@mstbone67a, you do not need XBMC/Kodi debug on, only XBMB3C. It makes the log kinda hard to read.

BTW, is your XBMC connecting to your server within your home network? I see you seem to be using the external IP. If you are, then for it to work, you need to open the port in your router so XBMC can reach your server from outside your network (unless it's a remote server you are trying to connect to, I would avoid doing this if your server is local). If it's within your home network, you should be using the local IP where your server is located (should look something like 192.168.x.xxx).

Edited by Angelblue05

mstbone67a

thanks so far. , yeah I did not realize the log would populate with only the addon logging turned up. /silly

Yes it is on my home network.

172.16.0.54 server  

172.16.0.169 was my firestick.

I did set it in xmbc3 config as well once. I did notice one time it left "<none>" infront of the ip address and that showed up in the log, but i corrected that.

I see in the logs it is throwing "no route to host" or after that it shows a bunch of script errors in the log.

Starting around line 1900 in my log  http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=380413

11:26:22 T:1508776384  NOTICE: Unable to connect to 172.16.0.54:8096 : [Errno 113] No route to host

Angelblue05

Ok, something must be blocking the connection to your server. No route to host means the tcp packets are getting lost - as in not reaching the destination. The following errors are normal, since it's unable to connect.

mstbone67a

same network.. 172.16.0.x   can ping the firestick from this pc. 

Well i tried again tonight, setup wireshark to capture the packets on the server. And of course it worked. I did see it erroring out in my captures due to anonymous access not working and needing ntlm auth.

2882 215.066262000 172.16.0.202 172.16.0.169 SMB 105 Tree Connect AndX Response, Error: STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I set the samba user/password then xbmb3c worked. 

So first step overcome. url error unable to connect / script error=== samba user/password

When i setup xbmb3c it did not work like this video

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9144-getting-started/

Of course i am testing this on a temp server before messing with the active home server I have.

I need to dig around on the skins for xbmb3c and how to tweak them.  I have confluence mb3 and eminence for mb3 loaded.  I like the xperience one that came in my xbmc load but it isnt using mb3.  I do like the eminence mb3, but it confuses me if there is an icon for movies if i go into it. why doesn't it show the list of movies just a blank box. If i hit the down arrow it goes to another view which shows the list of movies or tv shows. I will have to search around in the forums on the mb3 skins for xbmc.

thanks for the help. 

Edited by mstbone67a
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm glad you managed to sort it out. Sorry it took long to figure it out, I totally spaced out on the samba user/password as I don't use it myself, having XBMC and MBS on the same machine :)

xnappo

The Samba username/password should only apply to playback.. You were having problems connecting at all right?

xnappo

itechdad

I am having the exact same issue with Helix and the plugin 0.9.7.753

This is with a fresh install of everything

I setup the plugin with my server and a username.

Once I try and open the plugin I get an error username not found and this keeps popping up until I reboot my computer (its Openelec)

Have even tried creating a test user and the same thing happens.

I looked at the logs and its searching for a valid mb3 user grabbing the token then just does same thing over again

I have to reboot the computer to get it to stop showing "Username not found"